this is freaky!

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
Lady Myschala
Dragon

this is freaky!

Post by Lady Myschala »

today I started a new game on drakan and when I went to the blacksmith to buy weapons one of the weapon choices was a thirtyAP weapon called the chicken it's so funny when you wave it around instead of going swoosh like a sword it makes chicken noises is this a joke the designer made or what?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi, welcome to the forums!
The chicken sword is a weapon that appears anywhere in the game at random; sometimes it may not appear at all for some people. You are right in saying that it is a joke weapon, somebody at Surreal obviously thinks chickens are funny because there is also a giant chicken in a cave somewhere in Surdana.

Rynn
Hatchling

Post by Rynn »

I've played the game a few times and alaways looked for the chicken and never found it! no fair!
:)
-Rynn

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

I think it was the third or fourth game I started how many games have you played and beaten?

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

does anyone know where the cave is? I thought I had found all the secret places, is it in every game?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yeah the cave is in every game. Its where the river forks further down the valley from the cave that leads into the inquisitor's lair.

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

okay I'll go there

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

Hi arokhs twin I really like the site I used to be part of another drakan site but it was closed did you help make the game or just like to play it or something else?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Thanks [:)] I used to have another fan site myself before this one which has been around since the level editor was released (1999). The old site just had single player level reviews but I have renamed and turned it into a proper fan site.
I didn't help to create the game but I think Surreal used one or two of my ideas for Drakan: TAG for example the beginning of the game and the timeline of events in Drakan. There was a development forum over at Surreal news for The Ancient's Gates and many players posted their ideas and suggestions there.

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

That's cool is that site still open or did they take it off when they finished the game?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The development forum? Yeah, they took it off when the game was ready for final beta testing. There is a story called ;uniting of Heroes' which I wrote long before it was known about D: TAG for a competition for a graphics card or something. Anyway, in my story, the Order ruled for 400 years until it was destroyed by Navaros and it has been 600 years since Arokh went into eternal sleep. Strangley enough, my timeline seems to be more or less the same as D: TAG's and I wrote mine ages ago.

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

that's weird but that's probably what they did