Surreal Design Lounge re-opening

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
fsdlk@uaf.edu
Hatchling

Surreal Design Lounge re-opening

Post by fsdlk@uaf.edu »

The new Surreal Software PR Manager is looking for input
about making development files avalible again.

http://www.surreal-news.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6077

This message just got posted today.

Hi folks,

I'm the new PR Manager for Surreal Software and have been busy this summer updating the Web site. Although I'm happy with the new design, I feel bad that I've screwed up access to the old Design Lounge, Tech, and Art pages.

While these content areas are no longer supported on the primary web site, I would still like to make them available to those Drakan fans out there who want access to this content.

The problem is, that while I've now made the files available on the new server, there are a slew of new bugs that have cropped up. The new server is a Linux box and the old site is rife with poor file naming. As you may know, Linux is case sensitive, which accounts for LOTS of broken links (as you may have noticed).

Rather than go through all of the old pages to find and fix these bugs, I would propose that I should whittle down the pages into the primary content that the Drakan community still uses. Then I'll rebuild these old sites into a single Drakan community site that gives access to these old resources.

Please post your comments/suggestions regarding the content from the old site that you still make use of on a regular basis and would like available on the "new-old" site.
I've also set up the following e-mail address: oldweb@surreal.com, if you would like to communicate by e-mail.

I know that this may be a little tricky since it's hard to link to some of the old pages now, but hopefully some of the seasoned veterans on the Forum who know what used to be available will be able to suggest what the most important content is.

Thanks,

.brian
pr manager
surreal software
Last edited by brianp on September 2nd, 2003 at 12:10 PM.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

Please post any replies in the Surreal-News.com forums. It will be read by Brian there.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

I will now have control of the Design Lounge as well as the art sections. Surreal has handed them to me and I will be working on them at planetdrakan. Andrey, Assassin and I hope to bring you guys and girls some animations and characters as well. Also to mention the Drakan fantasy Forge will be brought into all of this at some point but I will be starting but just placing the old websites first.

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

awesome!