What do you think of shaza and tora

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

I thought shaza and tora were more challenging than any of the other fights compared to the other bosses they were pretty tough

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

I agree but if you were low on health you could fly away and drink a health potion so that made it easire.

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

true but I just meant it was more challenging than the other dragon/creature-arokh-fights bosses

Dragonseeker
Whelp

Post by Dragonseeker »

Shaza and Tora where pretty cool, I meen the way they where drawn out with cool graphics made them even more funner to battle!

duranix
Whelp

Post by duranix »

shaza and tora. They a good fight? i dont remember. I havent played in a while.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

they were way to hard for me. I had to cheat

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I used an invulnerability potion then used a invisibility potion to defeat them which is kind of cheating. They were way too hard for me as well, that's probably why you can buy both potions at the windmill before the fight.

Erugeboren
Whelp

Post by Erugeboren »

even if i did try to use a potion often they killed me before i could get one, they were extremely hard if you stayed in the area that they are in, but if you can get away fast and fight them one on one, then it is possible , i think it really prepars you for the strategies you need in statos,

my favorite thing about the dragons are there voices, they are inhumanly deep and resonant, and i liked the humour between rynn and arokh, 'didnt you have any friends'

Olag
Whelp

Post by Olag »

Those two where pretty cool but the first time i played i forgot to pick up their power up when i defeated them. do you know what it is like play stratos with out the dragon power to fall back on

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

I dont really care, the best weapon to use is the flame secondary. It's so easy to kill any dragon with that. Shaza and Toras weapon really sucked. I hated it alot. The new weapons would be cool if they were more effective. Homing weapons should have been implemented more

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Yeah, I thought they were the toughest bosses in the game... also, I remember Arokh accusing S&T's brother of being "an eater of children". They were amazing butt-kickers, but an invulnerability or invisibility potion, combined with the natural "crosshairs" provided by the V-shaped entrance to the last valley allows for relatively easy pickins! Did anyone ever count how many Bone-Dragons y'gotta kill on that whole level? Man, and I thought it was rough killin' those 3 or 4 to get to Khassa Vole's, but Valley of the Fallen was BRUTAL!

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

the bone dragons were hard there but I found the desert of tears with the gryphon looking dragons harder they never quit and they come at you in swarms

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Yeah, the Gryphons in the Valley and Stratos... If they didn't have those homers, it wouldn't be so bad. At least in DTAG you've got the auto-lock on the opponents... not so in "The Order Of The Flame", man, THAT'S TOUGH!! Seems that on my first playthru of DTAG, I had just hit my strategic stride battling those Dark Union Dragons in Stratos when I'd killed them all, but it was frantic going at first!

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

I dunno. Order of the Flame airfights are easy piece of cake (to me [:D]) - dunno about DTAG though, as I never played it. Cannot be easier than OOTF in my opinion though ;)

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Originally posted by ASSASSIN[/i]
I dunno. Order of the Flame airfights are easy piece of cake (to me [:D]) - dunno about DTAG though, as I never played it. Cannot be easier than OOTF in my opinion though ;)

OOTF airfights have graduated into an ease for me now, but I'm really astonished to hear that you've not played DTAG. It is what turned me on to Drakan in general and is the only game that inspired me to play it thru nearly twenty times. I guess if y'don't have a PS2 you wouldn't have much choice in the matter. Do yourself a favor and rent a console and a copy of DTAG. You'll finish it in no time and enjoy yourself hugely. You'll know what everyone's talkin' about and you'll be able to compare and contrast it to OOTF. There's a target lock feature for opponents in DTAG which is more convenient but less challenging. No gore, but you get experience points so... y'gotta kill everything that moves!! Really, if you are at all capable by way of finance and rental access, TRY THE GAME. I ran my PS2 into the ground playing for thirty hour stretches on behalf of Drakan and Final Fantasy and the like. OOTF is awesome in every sense of the word, and I'm pee-my-pants excited about the player created levels, but Rynn first and best kissed me thru The Ancient's Gates.