still a great game...

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
Snotmaw
Dragon

still a great game...

Post by Snotmaw »

I just recently started up a game of Drakan... it's fun to play something you used to so long ago, it takes you back. And I thought I would visit this site again. I was glad to see it's still up, and I remembered my password when my last login was 3 years ago. But I became a member is 2003, almost a decade ago. I was 14 in 03, when I was posting on here. Looking back at my old post is quite embarrassing, with my poor spelling and silly posts. But Drakan is one of those games that seems to be a personal favorite that I like to re visit once in a while. It's funny to, how I was originaly posting in here on a huge old compaq with windows 98 and dial up AoL, and now I'm posting this from a palm size andriod phone heh. I hope my old Drakan friends are doing well these days.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there, glad to see some old timers still drop by! I haven't played the game for years as I have sold my PS2 and although the game runs on my PS3 it crashes when entering the inventory rendering it unplayable. Got the game running on my PC via an emulator but it's not brilliant. Still play the PC prequel though.
I don't have much time to play games nowadays and not many hold my attention as well as Drakan did. The only one that came close was Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga. That has great replayability value.

As for PC Drakan, there is still an active modding community and this website will be around for a while yet.

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

Yea drakan has problems playing on my friend's ps3 as well. I want to start the pc Drakan and download some of the mods, when I get some free time.

Ratchet
Whelp

Post by Ratchet »

I bought Drakan:TAG long time ago and tried to play it on PS3. Got lots of problems. Now I played it on my old PS2 and I had a lot of fun :) Great game! After all this years, Drakan is still one of my favorite games from childhood and it feels just like in these old days ^^

ElCoyote
Hatchling

Re:

Post by ElCoyote »

Ratchet wrote:I bought Drakan:TAG long time ago and tried to play it on PS3. Got lots of problems. Now I played it on my old PS2 and I had a lot of fun :) Great game! After all this years, Drakan is still one of my favorite games from childhood and it feels just like in these old days ^^

Absolutely. I own it for 10 years and i'm still lovin' it. I wish someone would make a HD-remake or a new game with Rynn and Arokh.
"No Man alive or dead commands me, i answer to the Lord"
SABATON

ElCoyote
Hatchling

Re: still a great game...

Post by ElCoyote »

Started TAG once again on my PS2, still a great feeling to fly with Arokh over the sunny landscape.
:D
"No Man alive or dead commands me, i answer to the Lord"
SABATON