A Drakan Pen and Paper RPG

Discuss anything related to computer games and fantasy in general. Other fantasy games, games with dragons in, fantasy artwork etc are welcome here too. Posts are auto pruned after 3 months if not viewed. Please post Drakan related topics to the relevant forums below.
Blitzgob
Whelp

A Drakan Pen and Paper RPG

Post by Blitzgob »

Hello guys! I'm coming to you all to ask you about something: Would you like to see a Drakan P&P RPG?

Well, if you do, I would be glad to create one! Indeed already created some P&P RPGs for myself and my friends, and one of these RPG is really good, and it appears to be a heroic-fantasy RPG which means I could re-use my work on the rules to create a Drakan RPG but first, I need 3 things:

1) knowledge about Drakan
As I only played the 2 video games without knowing anything which was made aside, my knowledge of Drakan is rather limited, I would need the help of people like Arokh's Twin to tell me what happens after Drakan The Ancient Gate to create a decent background for the game.

2) People who would actually play it
I mean, I can create such game, but if nobody is interested, I don't need to make one. (Could make the game for myself only, but... that's not worth it^^)

3) Testers
Once the game would be end, I would need feedbacks about it.

What do you think, guys?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: A Drakan Pen and Paper RPG

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Good idea - are you setting your RPG after the events of the two games? That way it would be about Rynn and Arokh rekindling the Order of the Flame. A Drakan 3... sort of.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Blitzgob
Whelp

Post by Blitzgob »

I think setting it after the 2 games is the best idea, as right before the first game there are no dragons (can't make a decent Drakan game without dragons right?^^).

for now, the idea I have about the game would be for players to play as a sort of knight linked with a dragon, thing is I don't know how exactly is going the Drakan universe after Rynn re-opened the ancient gate, Drakan 2 end is like "the gate is re opened, the bad guys die and Rynn lives happily with arokh"

For me, a good background for a Drakan RPG would be in a world where the humanity ennemies are still alive and have enough power to counter dragons.

So, let's say that Rynn and Arokh are the masters of the new Order of The Flame and players' characters are knights with their dragons serving the Order against the wartoks, grulls, trogs, etc.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Blitzgob wrote:So, let's say that Rynn and Arokh are the masters of the new Order of The Flame and players' characters are knights with their dragons serving the Order against the wartoks, grulls, trogs, etc.
That would be best as what happened after the the end of The Ancient's Gates is open to the imagination. We can guess / make something up depending on the events of the games and the lore of the world of Drakan.

Blitzgob
Whelp

Post by Blitzgob »

Exactly, and that's why I need people like you who know this universe and can provides me with good details and facts about it

Blitzgob
Whelp

Post by Blitzgob »

Seems like nobody is interested.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Give it some time, many people don't visit this forum for weeks at a time.

Blitzgob
Whelp

Post by Blitzgob »

Will do, I'm still working on 2 other RPGs for now anyway^^

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

I think it is good idea to revive Drakan P&P RPG concept, I think Drakan is ideal for this type of game. However as for Drakan, probably it'll require to make online version of such game. As I see from this topic, there wasn't much interest in making such thing, but I think it is good idea anyways, maybe it'll take time to get some interest. For sure Drakan fandom could be good inspiration for making it, https://drakan.fandom.com/wiki/Drakan_Wiki or even fan fictions