Happy 2024 Year Of The Dragon!

Discuss things related to this website and ask questions about the forum. New members can introduce themselves here too. Announcements will also be posted here. Note topics are auto pruned if not viewed within 30 days.
DragonDimension
Hatchling

Happy 2024 Year Of The Dragon!

Post by DragonDimension »

Greetings, yes I know that I am 2 months late however registration on this forum was disabled until very late February (also I was busy IRL). Thank you whoever had re-enabled the registration option and whoever approved my account here (don't know if they are the same individual)! Apologies if my typing is hard to understand, English isn't my birth language (I am from Eastern Europe). I have some good news for any fans of Drakan here!

However, first a personal introduction and backstory. When I was a young kid I was a huge fan (actually I still am) of dragon movies like "Dungeons & Dragons", "Reign of Fire", "Dragonheart" and others. I asked my dad to buy me a video game about dragons and he got me a CD for my PC with a game called "Drakan: Order of the Flame". And when I started playing, it became one of my personal favorite games of all time! However when I finished the game, I was disappointed by the ending. When I finally got Internet access installed on my PC (several years later) I learned there was a sequel made, but only for the Playstation 2. Alas, I also found out that Surreal Software (the original creators/owners of Drakan) closed down in 2011 and were merged into Monolith Productions which are owned by Warner Bros. I know it's very unlikely of ever happening but I would really love if there was ever a proper Drakan 3. Granted I was busy for many years with IRL stuff (graduating, work, family, etc) but I still occasionally remembered my love for this old IP even though its copyright license sadly lies in purgatory (darn Warner Bros!), and spend my free time making up ideas for a potential Drakan 3 video game. This is the reason why I joined this forum, because I plan to share my idea for a third Drakan game so it can be preserved here forever even if it's just basically fanfiction. However I will create a separate topic for that here later on this year (don't know exactly when, as I am busy IRL). Well, in the meantime I have some other good surprise information things I wanna tell everybody here.

Since 2024 is the Year of the Dragon zodiac, I decided to work hard and update the Drakan Wiki by myself! Please be aware this will be a long hard process, I have still much to do and it will take some time before it's completely done. However I did make some progress by adding new images, editing some mistakes, creating new articles, redirecting categories and other Drakan Wiki work these past 5 days. While obviously it's not much, this is the least I could have done to contribute to this series and its community. If you wish, you could take a look at the wiki and see how much progress I have currently made but remember it's just still barebones and there is much I still need to do. Alas I cannot predict when this will be finally completed but when it happens I shall tell everybody here on this forum. Thank you, this is everything I had to say. Good luck and best of wishes to all fans of Drakan!