BloodMod read this

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

Gorentity Mod Installer v1.02. Added GoreCam (slow motion) on/off option during installation. http://gorentitymod.host-ed.me/
Last edited by PigVomit on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

charly
Dragon

Post by charly »

cool option great work

Hatebringer147
Hatchling

Post by Hatebringer147 »

Excellent, thanks man. Keep up the good work.

Delerion
Whelp

Post by Delerion »

any plans on adding the bleeding dry effect to more enemy races? :)

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

Hi again,

After we made Gorentity Mod I have been constantly reading that many people have problems with bad performance due to excessive blood amount on the ground. So, we will fix this issue! So, we will put another slider option to the installer. You can separately choose values for bleeding and how much blood is drawn on the ground. It is not ready yet but I will inform when it is downloadable.[:)]

mingyue1371
Dragon

Post by mingyue1371 »

Good,Keep up the excellent work!
Cool Mod !

Haraldzz
Dragon

Post by Haraldzz »

A great mod. I remember I used it some time ago, but it came out too much blood for my computer, so had to uninstall it.
Also, I remember I once cut off the head of a snow troll and it kept attacking me for a few seconds there (altough it said it has 1 health, it didn't have it's head). Is this a bug or something?

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

I am very pleased to say that (copied text from our site):
Gorentity Mod v1.03 with added BloodPool Magnitude -adjuster. By using this option player can avoid poor performance and sudden fps drops by choosing a proper value from the installer for the density of the bloodpools. Try out and use the installer as many times as you like until you find the best settings for your hardware. If you change settings from the installer while Severance is running remember that changes don´t take place unless you restart a level or load a saved game or start a new game. http://gorentitymod.host-ed.me/
Last edited by PigVomit on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

Try it out and feel free to comment and inform if bugs/strange things appear.

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

I could need a little bit of help here. If someone kind who has WIN XP and plays Severance with Gorentity Mod could use this new version and test one thing. Does that heartbeat-blood-spurting feature still work if you reduce the bloodpool magnitude level from the default 15. Try dropping it to 1 and test do you get heartbeat effect (you can keep the Gore level in 3). We use Win 7 and we get weird complaints in console and something happens to the heartbeat thing if we drop magnitude level but we hope this is just a operating system issue. If it´s not we keep on working on it.

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

Gorentity Mod v1.031 with improved bloodspurting effect when using Bloodpool Magnitude -option. This version fixes the incorrectly worked heartbeat-bloodspurting effect if Bloodpool Magnitude value was reduced. [:)]

Crawdaddy79
Dragon

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

Thanks for the work on this [:)]

I haven't touched BoD for a couple years now, but probably will soon so I can try the mod out.

Delerion
Whelp

Post by Delerion »

Nice to see this mod updated again, i will try it out.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Post by MBK_MBK »

Hello PigVomit. [:)]
How nice! Great work and cool mod! [:D]

It gives me ideas to add to my mod expert difficulty, Thanks! [:p]
I added that when the hero hits hard with hammers at enemies, they are stunned. I would add that when the hero hits with swords, the enemy will be mutilated and bleeding slowly (low life little by little) before dying.
With your permission, I will study your code to try to adapt it to the mod expert difficulty.
Thanks again and see you soon! [:)]

PigVomit
Dragon

Post by PigVomit »

Yes you can try to adapt that feature you talked about from our mod. I think what your are looking for is in Enemytypes.py