BloodMod read this

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

PigVomit
Dragon

Re: BloodMod read this

Postby PigVomit » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:20 am

Gorentity Mod site has moved to: http://gorentitymod.host-ed.me/
Vomit on the nearest asshole

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Just wanted to drop by and say that your work is brilliant. It really makes the game better. Especially the combination of blood and camera killmoves.
Congrats and thanks for sharing the mod. I've been recommending it to anyone who listens.

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:32 am

Just wanted to drop by and say that your work is brilliant. It really makes the game better. Especially the combination of blood and camera killmoves.
Congrats and thanks for sharing the mod. I've been recommending it to anyone who listens.
Thank You!

pigvomit and jjp

PigVomit
Dragon

Gorentity Mod 2014

Postby PigVomit » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:09 am

just copied text from our site:

Now, we roll out Gorentity Mod 2014.

The innovation in this version is a Gorentity Mod ingame menu. Now Gorentity Mod settings can be adjusted anytime during gameplay. No need to restart your game after tweaks, changes take place immediately.

*Plus new feature* GoreCam (Slow Motion Kill) cinematic can be skipped by pressing Q button.

Download Gorentity Mod 2014 from http://gorentitymod.host-ed.me/index.html

Best regards,

JJP and pigvomit

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:50 am

It's great news that you guys are still working on improving an already excellent MOD. Trying it ASAP.

EDIT.
I unziped the file and I saw that there's no installer anymore. And now you guys are overwriting main files like menu.py, EnemyTypes.py, etc
That will break bodloader and any other MOD that adds code to these files. Essentially my concern is that the new version is hard to uninstall if you want to go back to the original. Can't you guys use an installer like last version?
And I apologize, I know you don't want to hear complains right after all the hard work. I'm Just asking because I think it worked really well the way last version was installed.

PigVomit
Dragon

Gorentity Mod 2014

Postby PigVomit » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:14 am

It's great news that you guys are still working on improving an already excellent MOD. Trying it ASAP.

EDIT.
I unziped the file and I saw that there's no installer anymore. And now you guys are overwriting main files like menu.py, EnemyTypes.py, etc
That will break bodloader and any other MOD that adds code to these files. Essentially my concern is that the new version is hard to uninstall if you want to go back to the original. Can't you guys use an installer like last version?
And I apologize, I know you don't want to hear complains right after all the hard work. I'm Just asking because I think it worked really well the way last version was installed.
Ok, we are working on it. There will be a installer/uninstaller. But enemytypes.py etc will be overwritten with this mod just like it was in the previous installer versions.
Meanwhile, if you want to use Gorentity Mod, Bodloader and Gladiator mod in the same time first install Gorentity and after that Bodloader and Gladiator Mod.

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:47 pm

That would be perfect. As long as menu.py is not overwritten I think you will be highly compatible with most MODs. If you need to modify it you can always add your new code to the existing menu.py I guess. Thanks for looking into it.

There was also another thing that I've been wanting to ask you for a while.

I've been working on this mod "Blade of Light" http://www.moddb.com/mods/blade-of-light
Sadly the blood on the ground sucks a lot of performance from the new ENB graphic effects engine. But I like so much your work that I kept looking for a way to make both mods work well together. I found that editing just a couple of lines of code in blood.py after installing Gorentity could turn blood evaporation on. That way I still can get all the beautiful gore, but blood on the ground disappears after a few seconds, so it never accumulates enough to hinder performance.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make blood evaporation an option on the menu so it would be easier to make it compatible with ENB based graphic modifications and also help people with slower systems.

I included a tweaks.txt with my mod recommending Gorentity and explaining how to turn on blood evaporation. Here is what it says:

/////////RECOMMENDED MODS///////////////
I highly recommend this blood and gore mod. The name is Gorentity mod and aside from well done blood effects adds nice camera killmoves.
http://gorentitymod.host-ed.me/

It's compatible with BladeOfLight however Blood stains tend to slow it down. Here's a fix.

If you use Gorentity you should install it an set the "bloodpool magnitude" to a low amount. Then you can edit the first and last lines of the code below in the file ../lib/blood.py to avoid performance slowdowns.

--code from blood.py --

Evaporation = 1 # no evaporation avail >:-(
AfterCreateBlood = None # CARLOS! PLEAS DON'T SAVE THIS VALUE...
heartBeat = [9500.0,8900.0,7700.0,6500.0,5300.0,1300.0,1300.0,8900.0,7700.0,6600.0? ,4500.0,1300.0,1200.0,1100.0,5000.0]
#heartBeat = [9500.0,100.0]
hBeatFreq = 0.1
bPoolSkip = 39

def EmptyBloodPrtlHit(prtl_name,hit_entity,x,y,z,vx,vy,vz,wcx,wcy,wcz,wdx,?wdy,wdz):
return

def BloodPrtlHit(prtl_name,hit_entity,x,y,z,vx,vy,vz,wcx,wcy,wcz,wdx,wdy,w?dz):
global Evaporation
p = Bladex.CreateEntity("BloodPool","Entity Pool",x,y,z)
prtl= Bladex.GetEntity(prtl_name);
#try:
# if(prtl.Data.evaporation):
# p.DeathTime = Bladex.GetTime()+20.0
# elif Evaporation:
# p.DeathTime = Bladex.GetTime()+50.0
#except:
# if Evaporation:
# p.DeathTime = Bladex.GetTime()+50.0

p.DeathTime = Bladex.GetTime()+4.0

--------------------------------------------------------

In the firs line set Evaporation from 0 to 1
And just uncomment the last line removing the #

PigVomit
Dragon

Gorentity Mod 2014

Postby PigVomit » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Hmm, if you use ENB graphic effects and Gorentity Mod and the BloodPool Magnitude value is set to minimum does people still have slowdowns because of the bloodpools? About evaporation, we actually tested that in 2009 and came to a conclusion that it would "ruin the feeling of a real splatter" if pools are vanishing. The thing is that people like different things.. But maybe we could make an option to our mod something like BloodPool Evaporation (recommended to enable with ENB effects).

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi. I absolutely agree with you that evaporation ruins a bit the splatter effect. I love to see the giant pool of blood on the ground. Is not a matter of taste. Is a matter of necessity. The blood on the floor is one of the biggest problems for ENB. It becomes unplayable even at low "blood pool magnitude" levels. With evaporation on, at least you still can see blood splatter on walls and ground even if they disappear quickly.

Having the evaporation option in the menu will give an easy solution to this problems.
"BloodPool Evaporation (recommended to enable with ENB effects)" sounds perfect.
But if it's too much hassle don't worry. At least I know how to enable it editing the code.

I'm not sure why it is so slow for ENB. My suspicion is that maybe the blood splatters are casting shadows. So every splatter adds more and more shadow calculations. Do you know any way this can be tested?
Is it possible to add something like this to each splatter?
splatter.CastShadows = 0

The other theory I have is that is the ambient occlusion calculations that create a problem. The depth value of the blood and the ground is so similar that the AO shader is getting into some trouble with the calculations. I'll test this a bit more myself.

PigVomit
Dragon

Gorentity Mod 2014

Postby PigVomit » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:23 pm

We are almost done with the update, just few fine-tunings left .. Now Gorentity have this good-old Installer/Uninstaller again. Also now mod should be compatible with Bodloader and other mods since the installer doesn´t replace menu.py anymore. Instead it just adds the needed lines in it. And Gorentity mod ingame menu have BloodPool Evaporation enable disable option as asked for those who use ENB.

I think after couple of days it is ready and downloadable. But it does NOT work correctly if previous Gorentity Mod 2014 is installed. A clean install of BOD or menu.py that doesn´t contain anything from previous gorentity is needed.

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:22 am

That's brilliant. You guys rock.
Thanks for all the extra effort.

PigVomit
Dragon

Gorentity Mod 2014 Installer

Postby PigVomit » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:30 pm

Download Gorentity Mod 2014 Installer from http://gorentitymod.host-ed.me/

If you have installed previous version of Gorentity Mod 2014 either replace menu.py with the original (or Bodloader modified) file or simply do a fresh installation of Severance before installing this mod.

If bugs etc appear, please report.

Gorenjoy!

JJP and pigvomit

piltrafus
Dragon

Postby piltrafus » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Installed and tested. flawless operation. everything working as expected. thanks a lot.

now I'm off to find two twin orcs in front of an elevator and pay an homage to kubrick and the shining.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZsuiwK9YC3M/T ... allway.jpg
(Warning. Graphic Violence)

matas55
Whelp

Postby matas55 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Hello. I remember using this mod a few years back and it worked perfectly :D . But now it doesn't seem to work on Gladiator. It works on singleplayer and mods such as Playground, but it doesn't work on gladiator.
I am running BOD (gog version) with ENB Blade of Light and Skyboxes, BODLoader, Gladiator 103+addons. I set all gorentity options in game and saved.
Maybe it's a problem with Gladiator addons or something IDK. Does anyone else have this issue?

PigVomit
Dragon

Postby PigVomit » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Hello. I remember using this mod a few years back and it worked perfectly :D . But now it doesn't seem to work on Gladiator. It works on singleplayer and mods such as Playground, but it doesn't work on gladiator.
I am running BOD (gog version) with ENB Blade of Light and Skyboxes, BODLoader, Gladiator 103+addons. I set all gorentity options in game and saved.
Maybe it's a problem with Gladiator addons or something IDK. Does anyone else have this issue?
Can you specify what happens, for example do you see blood at all or what? Is Gorentity Menu working allright? Does the game crash??
But maybe a little test: Install fresh severance, install bodloader, install gladiator mod, install gorentity 2014 mod. At this point test the game and everything should work and tell us if not. After this start installing and testing other mods and addons one by one to see what causes Gorentity Mod not to work correctly.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”