New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

MBK_MBK
Dragon

New mod: Difficulty for experts players and more

Postby MBK_MBK » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:53 am

<center><b><font face="Arial"><font color="yellow">New mod: Difficulty for experts players and much more... Version incomplete 1.1, in spanish.</font id="yellow"></font id="Arial"></b></center>

<div align="left"><font color="beige">Hello Everyone! [:)]
This is my first mod. This is a Mod of difficulty for experts players. This mod changes the game in general.
My intention is to give the game more versatility in all aspects.
To do this, I adapted the code of many mods, and I changed the programming in Python.
Soon I will write a list of changes I made, problems, questions, ideas to improve the game...
I hope you like the provisional result of version 1.1
I will continue uploading videos showing the progress of the mod. [8D][;)]

Test with Sargon the knight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0LWHPStYUI
Test with Naglfar the dwarf.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2GeHD3Y6BY
</div id="left"></font id="beige"><hr noshade size="1">
<center><b><font face="Arial"><font color="yellow">Nuevo Mod: Dificultad para jugadores expertos y mucho más... Versión incompleta 1.1, en español.</font id="yellow"></font id="Arial"></b></center>

<div align="left"><font color="beige">¡Hola a todos! [:)]
Este es mi primer mod. Este es un Mod de dificultad para jugadores expertos. Este mod modifica todo el juego en general.
Mi intención es dotar al juego de una mayor versatilidad en todos los aspectos.
Para ello, adapté el código de muchos mods, y he cambiado la programación en Python.
En breve os escribiré una lista con los cambios que he hecho, problemas, cuestiones, ideas para mejorar el juego, etc.
Espero que os guste el resultado provisional de la versión 1.1
Seguiré subiendo videos, mostrando los progresos del mod. [8D][;)]

Prueba con Sargon el caballero.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0LWHPStYUI
Prueba con Naglfar el enano.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2GeHD3Y6BY</div id="left"></font id="beige">

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi MBK,
It's good to see new modders working on Blade! [:)]

Delerion
Whelp

Postby Delerion » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:01 am

Nice stuff, too bad i get owned even at the normal difficulty in BoD so this probably wont be for me, but more content for an old game like this is always good

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 pm

<font color="beige"><font face="Arial">Hello again,[:)]
Here are two videos more for example:

Test with Zoe the Amazon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lqJXcGYoeE

sample selection of player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckTb-bKvDgw

<hr noshade size="1">
Hola de nuevo, [:)]
Aquí hay dos vídeos más de ejemplo:

Prueba jugando con Zoe la amazona
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lqJXcGYoeE

Ejemplo de seleccion de personaje
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckTb-bKvDgw

</font id="Arial"></font id="beige">

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:43 pm

<font color="beige"><font face="Arial">
HI!

sorry for my English, I used the google translator [:I] [:D]

<font color="yellow"><b>Here is the list of some changes I made:</b></font id="yellow">

- My aim is to achieve greater versatility and a more intense gaming experience.
- For that I have unified several enhancements to provide some mods and numerous manual changes.
- I mean, I've changed the game changing python files and adapting the programming of some mods.
- For now, this modification is not compatible with BodLoader.
To play with this version, you must modify the newly installed game with the original configuration.
The game may not function properly if you install BodLoader or a mod with this modification.
- Finally, I compile everything in a new mod, so that the overall changes are consistent
with BodLoader, with other mods and other external maps.

<font color="yellow"><b># THIS VERSION IS IN SPANISH.</b></font id="yellow">
- The original version I have is in Spanish.
For now, I have no original English files to modify them, and that remains the translation of all text and images.

<font color="yellow"><b># SOME OF THE CHANGES ARE:</b></font id="yellow">

- Increased difficulty for experts players.
- The Maximum level is 125.
- Intense combat against many enemies.
- New weapons, better items and equipment.
- Greater versatility of control, combat techniques and strategies.
- intuitive combat system, combinations of attacks. All are skilled and brutal.
- Allies that help in combat. (DOES NOT WORK, YET.)
- Music amended to accompany the action of the fighting and setting of the stage.
I used Audacity for conversions of formats, from. Wav. Mp3, and modify the themes.

<font color="yellow"><b>- AND MANY MORE CHANGES AS:</b></font id="yellow">
· You can roll the bows to the ground and collect new betters bows: middle bow and heavy bow.
· Halfmoontrail magic attack stuns enemies and explodes.
· Warrior Amulet, which gives a level of expertise of the hero.
· Enemies that do not appear in the original version: Salamanders, Dark Orcs, Gold Orcs and Invisible Ice Demons.
Lord Kerman evil (as Ragnar).
· Vampiric weapons have auras that heal periodically the wearer to in use. Not all heal the hero.
· When the hero level increases, their wounds do not heal. But if the hero is near death, it will heal a little.
· The enemies are resistant to elemental damage will heal if hit with its affine element. It only works with the elements fire and ice.
Examples: If you attack the golem lava with fire element, the elemental damage of the weapon adds to the life of the enemy.
· The music changed is: Sonic Mayhem: Quake II, Quake III. X Blades.
· Looks modified of Amazon and barbarian.
· Modified Armors: Armor heavy for dwarf, barbarian and knigth. Armor median for Amazon.
· Cheats modified.
· In this version there are many special effects at once: on Auras new weapons, some light added, and more.
In order to the game will not to crash when there are many enemies, I modified the programming of auras.
· and so on...</font id="Arial"></font id="beige">

<hr noshade size="1">
<font face="Arial"><font color="beige">
¡Hola!

<font color="yellow"><b>Aquí está una lista sobre algunos de los cambios que hecho:</b></font id="yellow">

- Mi pretensión es conseguir una mayor versatilidad y una experiencia de juego más intensa.
- Para ello, he unificado diversas mejoras que ofrecen algunos mods y numerosas modificaciones manuales.
- Es decir, he cambiado el juego modificando archivos en python y adaptando la programación de algunos mods.
- Por ahora, esta modificación no es compatible con BodLoader.
Para jugar con esta versión, se debe modificar el juego recién instalado, con la configuración original.
Puede que el juego no funcione correctamente, si instalas BodLoader o un mod junto con esta modificación.
- Finalmente, quisiera compilarlo todo en un nuevo mod, para que las modificaciones generales sean compatibles con BodLoader, con otros mods y con otros mapas externos.

<font color="yellow"><b># ESTA VERSIÓN ES EN ESPAÑOL.</b></font id="yellow">
- La versión original que tengo es en español.
Por ahora no tengo los archivos originales en inglés para modificarlos, así que queda pendiente la traducción de todos los textos e imágenes.

<font color="yellow"><b># ALGUNOS DE LOS CAMBIOS SON:</b></font id="yellow">
- Mayor dificultad, para jugadores expertos.
- Nivel máximo 125.
- Combate intenso contra numerosos enemigos.
- Nuevas armas, mejores items y equipamiento.
- Mayor versatilidad de control, técnicas y estrategias de combate.
- Repertorio de combos ampliado para los héroes y los enemigos. Todos son hábiles y brutales.
- Aliados que ayudan en el combate. (NO FUNCIONA, AÚN.)
- Música modificada para acompañar la acción de los combates y la ambientación de los escenarios.
He usado Audacity para las conversiones de formatos, de .wav a .mp3, y para modificar los temas.

<font color="yellow"><b>- Y MUCHAS MÃ

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:40 pm

<font face="Arial"><font color="beige">Test with Tukaram the Barbarian, in the Tutorial map.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-RVN807ikI
</font id="beige"></font id="Arial">
<hr noshade size="1">

<font face="Arial"><font color="beige">Prueba con Tukaram el Bárbaro, en el mapa del tutorial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-RVN807ikI
</font id="beige"></font id="Arial">

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:01 pm

<font color="white">Hello Fynjy, [:)]

(Sorry for my English, I used the Google translator...)

Well, at first i tried to adapt the code of "armor mod", including new looks and 3D models for the barbarian, the dwarf and the Amazon, but don´t works the assignment. [:(]
The mistakes can be on files Enemies.py, Reference.py, Actions.py or perhaps another file. That i don´t know yet.

What I have done is provisional: I simply changed the statistics of armors in Reference.py, and their names in the file ...Data\objs\spanish.py
I've also changed the normal appearance, using the multiplayer skins.

So, the assignment is:
Dwarf: medium armor of level 30, and heavy armor of level 60.
Barbarian: Heavy Armor of level 60.
Amazon: Medium Armor of level 30.
Knight: light armor of level 15, medium armor of level 30, and heavy armor of level 60. (The Knight continues as above)

</font id="white">
<b><font color="yellow">Note:</font id="yellow"></b>
<font color="white">Soon I will write a list describing the contents of version 1.1:
What I've done so far, what remains for me to do, the mistakes I do not know how to correct, and the ideas I have to include in a later version.</font id="white">

<hr noshade size="1">
<font color="white">Hola Fynjy, [:)]

Bueno, al principio intenté adaptar el código de "armour mod", incluyendo nuevas apariencias y modelos 3D para el bárbaro, el enano y la amazona, pero no funciona bien la asignación. [:(]
Los errores pueden estar en los archivos Enemies.py, Reference.py, Actions.py o tal vez en otro archivo. Todavía no sé cuál es.

Lo que he hecho es provisional: simplemente he modificado las estadísticas de las armaduras en Reference.py, y sus nombres en el archivo ...Data\objs\spanish.py
También he cambiado las apariencias normales usando las de multijugador para las armaduras.

Entonces, así está la asignación:
Enano: Armadura mediana de nivel 30, y armadura pesada de nivel 60.
Bárbaro: Armadura pesada de nivel 60.
Amazona: Armadura mediana de nivel 30.
Caballero: Armadura ligera de nivel 15, armadura mediana de nivel 30, y armadura pesada de nivel 60. (El caballero sigue igual que antes)
</font id="white">

<b><font color="yellow">Nota:</font id="yellow"></b>
<font color="white">Pronto os escribiré una lista, describiendo el contenido de la versión 1.1:
Lo que llevo hecho hasta ahora, lo que me queda por hacer, los errores que no sé cómo corregir, y las ideas que tengo para incluir en una versión posterior.</font id="white">

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:55 am

It seems so cool about this new MOD ,But where can I download it?
Can you upload it to the bigstruck website to enable everyone to use the difficulty MOD?

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:00 am

Hello Mingyue and thanks, [:)]
Sorry for my english, I used the google Translator...

Well, that's something I have still pending.

I am now in full development of version 1.1 of the mod, fixing many bugs and adding more things.
Now I am correcting the heroes combos, adding more movements.
I am also changing all maps, adding enemies, items, weapons ... I left the last 4.

When I finish correcting the version 1.1, I would like to ask help in planning menus mod, and upload to the web.

By the way, what is bigstruck website?

Thank you for your comment. [:)]

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 am

Sorry£¬I'd made a mistake that I type the "bigtruck" to "bigstruck".The website
is "http://blade-of-darkness.bigtruck-canada.ca/ "where I can download many Mods.
Btw,the links you made cannot be opened and I thought the links were past due.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:06 pm

<font color="white">
Hello! [:)]

Can i ask for a little help?
Well, for the version 1.2 of the mod, I want to add new improvements to the combat system.
I'm trying to program that you can use two weapons at once, and shields with two-handed weapons.

Here are some tests ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftFxL230Mxo

Here are one mistake on the inventary...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nmo7DqSyNE

What do you think? the results are provisional.
I want to add weapons to the left hand in inventory, as shields. Do you have any idea how to fix the error?

For any clarification of the python code I have written, please ask me and I will try to explain.

Many thanks [:)]

<hr noshade size="1">

¡Hola! [:)]
¿Puedo pedir un poco de ayuda?
Bueno, para la versión 1.2 del mod, quiero añadir nuevas mejoras al sistema de combate.
Estoy intentando programar que se pueda usar dos armas a la vez, y escudos con armas de dos manos.

Aquí hay algunas pruebas...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftFxL230Mxo

Aquí hay una muestra de un error del inventario...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nmo7DqSyNE

¿Qué os parece? Los resultados son provisionales.
Quiero añadir armas a la mano izquierda, como los escudos. ¿Alguna idea de cómo corregir el error?
Para cualquier aclaración sobre el código python que he escrito, por favor pregúntenme e intentaré explicarme.

Muchas gracias. [:)]

</font id="white">

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:26 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mingyue1371</i>

Sorry£¬I'd made a mistake that I type the "bigtruck" to "bigstruck".The website
is "http://blade-of-darkness.bigtruck-canada.ca/ "where I can download many Mods.
Btw,the links you made cannot be opened and I thought the links were past due.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<hr noshade size="1">
<font color="white">Oh yes Mingyue, you are right, i know this web.
Of course, I will upload there the mod... [:)]

The links of my videos cannot be opened? I don´t know, in my browsers it´s works... I use FireFox or Crome. How is it?[:(] </font id="white">

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:26 am

Thanks for your remind,MBK ,Now I can open the link by FireFox .
These movies you uploaded were very cool and I hope to experience it as soon as possible!
Btw,I have a comment that If the characters can use both 1H weapon and 2W weapon Normally ,that's will be more perfect!

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:47 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mingyue1371</i>

Thanks for your remind,MBK ,Now I can open the link by FireFox .
These movies you uploaded were very cool and I hope to experience it as soon as possible!
Btw,I have a comment that If the characters can use both 1H weapon and 2W weapon Normally ,that's will be more perfect!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<hr noshade size="1">
<font color="white">

You're welcome, thanks to you [:)]
Oh yes! You mean to use two big swords or two big axes at once?
Wow, I can imagine the barbarian... Better than Conan [:D]

Well, I guess that would be quite complicated to program.
I would need help because there are things i still do not know how to do, for example to correct errors in inventory, assign new animations made with 3DMax... I do not know how to use 3dmax, not yet.

It remains to version 1.2, i think [:)]

</font id="white">

mingyue1371
Dragon

Postby mingyue1371 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:50 pm

hi MBK!
What I mean was that the characters can use four kinds of weapons, 1H,2w,SP,AXE.Not use two at the same time.
for example,in the original game one character can use one type of weapons, When dwarf use sp or 2w ,his action will be Clumsy.through modify the combo,you can enable dwarf to use sp or 2w-axe normally.
btw,through the movies you upload,I found the player1 can throw every kind of weapon like a boomerang.Just like Dal's combo.CAN YOU MAKE DAL'S ANOTHER COMBOS for player1? That will be more excellent!
If the version 1.1 had been finished, Can you send to me to experience ?And my email is [email protected]
Thanks very much!!!^-^

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”