EBrowser problem.

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

prospero
Ancient Dragon

EBrowser problem.

Postby prospero » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:08 am

Has anyone used the EBrowser on a Windows 10 system?

I just tried starting it on my new PC and I get an error:

Code: Select all

Traceback (innermost last): File "..\..\Scripts\EBrowser.py", line 1966, in OBGui root = Tkinter.Tk() File "..\..\Lib\PythonLib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 886, in __init__ self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className) TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: {} ./lib/tcl8.0 ./lib/tcl8.0 ./library ./library ./tcl8.0/library ./tcl8.0/library This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.
Seems a bit mad as it's the same code I've been using for 20 years.

Sryml
Dragon

Re: EBrowser problem.

Postby Sryml » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi pro, :)

I tried to find the answer from the internet and I found this to be caused by the path finding of "tcl". It should be caused by a different system. Adding a path to "sys.path" does not solve it.

I tried to rename "Blade/Lib/PythonLib/Tcl" on the win7 system so that the program could not find it and it went wrong. The message it displays on the console is:

TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
../../Lib/PythonLib/TCL/lib/tcl8.0 ./lib/tcl8.0 ./lib/tcl8.0 ./library ./library ./tcl8.0/library ./tcl8.0/library

At this point I observed that it is different from the error message of win10. On win7, the path of tcl is one more than win10 ../../Lib/PythonLib/TCL/lib/tcl8.0. So EBrowser works fine in win7 system.

Win10's tcl path is of the form "./xxx/xxx", which means that tcl can only be stored in the current working directory "os.getcwd()", that is, to make win10 run EB normally, we have to Tcl Copy to each map folder. :roll:

Fortunately, we don't need to do this. There is an environment variable "TCL_LIBRARY" that solves this problem all at once, and it works fine in win7/10.

What we need to do is to extract the entire Tcl folder "Blade/Lib/PythonLib/Tcl" and move it to a place that will not be deleted by mistake. I put it on the C drive and then add the environment variable "TCL_LIBRARY". The value is the root of "init.tcl".

Use the command line directly, for example:

Code: Select all

setx /M TCL_LIBRARY "C:\Tcl\lib\tcl8.0"

Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0SHO ... P3FdZLWzpQ

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: EBrowser problem.

Postby prospero » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:59 pm

That's Brilliant!!! :D

Worked first time. I am soooooooooooooo happy. 8)

Thank You So Much.

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”