Likes and Dislikes

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
Brekk
Dragon

Likes and Dislikes

Post by Brekk »

What are some of your likes and dislikes about Drakan TAG?[?]Some of my dislikes are the lengh of the game, I wish it could have been longer, they needed more powerful bows, and swords. Some of my likes are the graphics which are astounding to me, and the levels are very nicely mapped out, and the quests are cool also.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Well, I know a bit of the development history and about the stuff they cut out which was only mentioned in trade computer magazines so I could go on forever. A few things that come to mind are first of all the characters; Rynn is much better than the PC original but Arokh is much worse. True he is more detailed but I prefered the skin and colours used in the PC version.

Another thing I found was it never got dark and it must have taken Rynn and Arokh more than 3 days to complete their task. In the PC game there are day and night cycles between levels.
In TAG the environments change quickly, you can understand a snowy reigon being 50 miles away from Surdana but a scorching hot desert just as far away does not make sense. Surdana city itself was also unrealistically small (it was planned to be 3-4 times bigger)

Overall though TAG is a great game and I like the varied levels and objectives, it never becomes boring or fustrating. The RPG elements such as the trade system and stats system were a nice touch which gave the game a more realistic feel.

The story was okay and well voiced in the cut scenes, a lot better than what I have seen in other games.

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

Well I liked Kragmor and I also found that the game was rather short. I had a topic about it. I like how you have skills. There were a lot of optioal quest to so the game could be short for those who didn't do many optional quests. I like all of the places exept shiverbean because it was mainly the same as ravenshold.

Brekk
Dragon

Post by Brekk »

I agree with Arokhs Twin i think it would have been much better if it had day and night cycles.

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

yeah I agree. I never thought about that.

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

day and night cycles would be cool or if they had at least shown time passing like in one of my other games you can set on easy medium or difficult and they give you a day count on the menu and a limited time to complete the game easy was 100 days medium was 50 days and difficult was 20 days

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

I also didn't like how there were doors in the cities like in surdana and ravenshold that were just background that you couldn't go through that were peoples houses though you could go in the house with the spiders and the cottages just outside surdana I mean what's the point of having doors you can't go through?

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

i woldn't like time. but i hate that to. you can't go in some places like the surdana castle.

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

actually I think most of those doors if not all unlock eventually throughout the game because one was where the assassin came in and another is to the royal treasure chamber I'm not sure if they all unlock though

Jasoya
Whelp

Re:

Post by Jasoya »

Lady Myschala wrote: Mon May 12, 2003 1:14 pm day and night cycles would be cool or if they had at least shown time passing like in one of my other games you can set on easy medium or difficult and they give you a day count on the menu and a limited time to complete the game easy was 100 days medium was 50 days and difficult was 20 days
At least you can in a way do day-time and night-time transitions with the background glitches "Night Time in Ravenshold" and "Night Time at Surdana" that I discovered when I was Silvrix Mang over at GameFAQs.

I like the aerial battles, the variety of spells you can learn and weapons you can use, and the many, many exploitable glitches in the game

What I don't like is the ending and the shields. I find that the shields are one of the most useless items in the game, my opinion though.
Explore and exploit, my two favorite things to do while playing an old-favorite game.