How come the game doesn't know I beat Snotmaw?

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
buckmana
Dragon

How come the game doesn't know I beat Snotmaw?

Post by buckmana »

I've gotten to this point:

Arokh opened the third gate and went through.

Then there was a little trip to dispose of Snotmaw.

Rynn and Arokh returned to the palace.

Talk to General Dehrimon to complete this task.

All he does is talk about the desert.

The task remains uncompleted, but Rynn has the trophy (Snotmaw's Cleaver) to prove it was done. [?][?][?][?]

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Sounds like you encountered a bug in the game. Did you talk to Arokh after coming out of Snotmaw's cave? He should land and initiate a conversation where Rynn explains to him how difficult it was to get to snotmaw and Arokh laughs at her and gives some sarcastic remark. The way back to the valley will close permantley once the quest is done; if it is still open, try going back to the cave and coming back again.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Besides it not being checked off on your list, it won't affect any aspect of the plot's unfoldment.

Usually it's the opposite, meaning Dehrimon will often not even give the quest in some saves.
I don't think it's random like the Chicken, rather, a glitch... (because you get one of those special blades there, you're SUPPOSED to get the mission!)

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Possible SPOILERS if you haven't played the game to the end before:

It's puzzling that he speaks to you of the Desert... did you wait to do Kragmor AFTER defeating Maulgak?
If so, that may explain things.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I just continued on playing after this point.

I tried to return later, but the way was barred by a gate.

So I gave up on it.

I'm now in the Desert Lord stronghold, having defeated four of them after arriving (no wonder they're afraid of dragons, it wasn't much of a contest).

I wonder how well my chances are of succeeding?

I'm at level 10 profiency, all skills at 4, one each of invulnerabilty and invisibility and there are only two weapons left of reasonable durability (the others are near breaking point), a Mithril Long Sword and the Fire Blade. I have a Dragon Strike Bow and Maulgak's Maul (but don't have a level of profiency in these areas high enough to use them).

A question, are Arokh's Twin, Outlaw Wyvern and me the only people here? I don't seem to see posts from anyone else.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

If it's now barred by a gate, the quest is 'complete' as this is supposed to happen. The bug is with talking to the General - he does not recognise that the quest has been completed or as Outlaw said he does not give the quest either in some cases.

There isn't much you can do other than load from an earlier save.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

You say you're in the Desert Lord's stronghold... Do you mean the Valley of the Fallen?
If so, you should visit a weapons merchant. Your inventory sounds dangerously low. It's not really such a problem if you're adventurous, though.
You can finish the game with just Arokh, your Dagger, and magics... if need be.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

Actually, I meant Stratos, their cloud fortress.

And any further discussion should go here:

http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2448