How do I beat 3/4 to 1 odds?

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
buckmana
Dragon

How do I beat 3/4 to 1 odds?

Post by buckmana »

I'm somewhere in the Flesh Mage's palace.

I've gone down two elevators and defeated three shadow guys and two vortex captains.

Now up to a point where there's a room ahead.

As soon as Rynn goes in, the vortex captain orders the room to be sealed and two shadow guys attack.

Individually, (with the advantage of time slow and sometimes the freezing power of the ice blade - only two charges left), Rynn can win as long as she can manuever.

But when they gang up, I can't fight them all. Because my tactics so far are like this:

1. If there's too many, split one off and take him out.
2. If they're too dangerous for close-range fighting (the shadow guys qualify for this), get a fair distance away and use spells to snipe them.
3. If close combat is unavoidable, keeping running in circles and strike them as Rynn goes by.
4. Stand on something high (two stacked crates will do) and use spells to destroy them (she's above the reach of their weapons at this height).

A fourth strategy is to go somewhere safe and use the rejunevate spell to heal. But this takes time to fully restore Rynn's health. I don't think they'll give it to me.

In this case, I'm using tactic 3. But it only really works for 1-on-1 fighting. If I dodge one of the enemies in this room, I run into another.

And I'm having to avoid two of the corners because I don't want to set off the shadow guys standing in them.

Not to mention the vortex captain who's running around in here.

I'm starting to get that feeling I do when game designers think hard equals fun. I stopped having fun the moment these shadow guys appeared (with the exception of when I can have Arokh "meet" them). Then they're fun again. And extra crispy.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

If you have a good strong AP blade, here's a good strategy: if you have room to do a roll-back, time a three hit combo on the soldier you've targeted, then roll back out of his way when he swings. Learn their swing rhythms. If there are more than one on you, run around them to force them to cluster up. Slow down a bit and they'll start to swing on you with their swords. If you learn to do this properly, you'll make them cut eachother down.

Time Slow is your friend against the Djinn lords.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I just tried again and got it first try!

I went down to minimal health, but did it!.

Time Slow, get the vortex captain, then pick off the shadow guys one by one.