Arokh's designers

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Drakon Rider
Dragon

Arokh's designers

Post by Drakon Rider »

i think it is good to found who make Arokh working in Drakan... i tried to ask Sageous and he only answer about his animator - Mel Guymon

but mesh's designer still unknown...

also about Tiamat charmod - it is almost completely based on D'Rynn mesh v 1.1 and its textures (skin) was completely designed by Draco (http://drakia.com)

Navaros
Whelp

Post by Navaros »

maybe there *was not* anyone who worked on him other than to animate him

in case you hadn't notice, his AI really sucks very badly. many times there will be an enemy right in front of him, even hitting him, and he just does nothing but stay idle let himself die.

also, he can't even take one step forward in order to fly to you when you call him, if he is at a spot where he needs more space.

that might be why you only got the answer. it seems like very minimal work was done on things other than the animnations, if any. any work that was done was probably done very quickly at the end of the development by the whole team in a "rush job"

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

good thinkin

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Navaros</i>

maybe there *was not* anyone who worked on him other than to animate him

in case you hadn't notice, his AI really sucks very badly. many times there will be an enemy right in front of him, even hitting him, and he just does nothing but stay idle let himself die.

also, he can't even take one step forward in order to fly to you when you call him, if he is at a spot where he needs more space.

that might be why you only got the answer. it seems like very minimal work was done on things other than the animnations, if any. any work that was done was probably done very quickly at the end of the development by the whole team in a "rush job"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Im guessing you dont design games for a living? At least give the animators a round of applause for not making all them models have the same animations like almost every single game has *cough* counter strike *cough*. Additionally Take into consideration the budget and the time limit they had to work on drakan. It's not even close to bad viewing it in retrospect.

If they would have worked on upgrading it they could have kept a large community but things arent always possible.

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Im guessing you dont design games for a living? At least give the animators a round of applause for not making all them models have the same animations like almost every single game has *cough* counter strike *cough*. Additionally Take into consideration the budget and the time limit they had to work on drakan. It's not even close to bad viewing it in retrospect.

If they would have worked on upgrading it they could have kept a large community but things arent always possible.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I disagree on that, Mage! Consider that CS wasn't supposed to be a standalone game, but only a MOD of HL. Considering that, CS is very fine [8D]
Besides, most updates to CS weren't created by Valve (PodBot, AndroidBot, Cheating Death, CSRU). Valve only did as much as Surreal has - gave out a few patches, and that's all.

Every single games' modells have the same animation? Hmm... Quake2-3, UT, UT2003, Oni... I dun remember them having the same animations.
But, actually, the creators of Drakan set themselves a nightmare difficulty - since the animations are not transportable among modells. Look at Oni - most modells can use the animations of each other. :) (Or I could ask why Drakan can only accept Softimage animations...)