about the level editor....

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
chickyberry
Hatchling

about the level editor....

Post by chickyberry »

...Hey!
I was just wondering if there is some sort of patch for the level editor because ive just downloaded it and about 5 minutes into it it says its performed an illegal opperation...it doesnt have a help file either which makes it hard coz i wanna learn how to make levels for myself:( any help would be appreciated [:I]

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Well, help file is a lack. For some reason a help file was never made..... weird, no? :P About illegal operations - tell me what did you do and I'll tell why did it do that.

About help - feel free to ask when I'm around. :)

chickyberry
Hatchling

Post by chickyberry »

well im not sure which button i pressed but it was one of the buttons in 3d moddeler i went into textures and clicked a button with a red squiggle type thing on the corner and i was kicked outta the program..i went to planet drakan and it told me to get something called sky common for it so im gunna try that.

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Duh, modeller. That is nto the level editor program, whole different thing!

Modeller crashes here in every 5th minute ^_^ you have to experiment what your PC likes and dislikes when using the modeller.

I wouldn't recommend the modeller for a beginner though. That is only needed for advanced stuff. First learn to use the level editor itself, only then the editor, that's my two cents...

Sky Common: that has no link to 3D Modeller. It is "only" needed for many maps, and can ease your job when making a map. So get it fast, yeah. [:D] lol

chickyberry
Hatchling

Post by chickyberry »

i loaded one of the games levels into the level editor and it looks way to wierd for me to make...its just some lines and a whole bunch of faces and clocks and wierd little things [V] i really wanna make a level but i thought itd be different than that...

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

I was actually thinking to write some kind of a Help file, because many people got problems with using it. So, Assi, are you gonna help me?

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Drakan map, drakan story, and now a help file even....

That's too much of goodies at once to make I think.

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

well, the map is almost done. I tested it a few times and it's ok (yet there are a few things I want to add). btw it's ok for me to have that much work. :)

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Lucky you :P I can't co-op in this one, sorry..... I have uni to learn at, and I have a whole drakan serie to make... not mentioning the various stories I must help in. [:D]

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

Well, I got to stories (Drakan3 and The General3) to complete yet.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chickyberry</i>

i loaded one of the games levels into the level editor and it looks way to wierd for me to make...its just some lines and a whole bunch of faces and clocks and wierd little things [V] i really wanna make a level but i thought itd be different than that...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

we arent playing around with this stuff. Its not like a stupid little PS2 game level editor where u place a few different objects around. This is hard core [}:)]