developer mode?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
awambawamb
Hatchling

developer mode?

Post by awambawamb »

Hi,
i'm using ubuntu and i'd like to run the developer mode with wine. anyone know how to enable it, since the shift-launching doesn't work? by command line or hex... thanks.

DarthVadr
Whelp

Post by DarthVadr »

Ahhh ... i did that once under Ubuntu (so it is possible), but cant remember. Will ask Peter next time he's online (he's usually playing under ubuntu).

awambawamb
Hatchling

Post by awambawamb »

thank you very much, i'll wait for that.

DarthVadr
Whelp

Post by DarthVadr »

Ok the tricks easy: start it with
wine drakan.exe -setup
(http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... ingId=4321)

awambawamb
Hatchling

Post by awambawamb »

with that command i can see graphics and audio tab, not the developer tab... where i miss?

DarthVadr
Whelp

Post by DarthVadr »

Good question, next question :D
I'll probably not be online this evening, but Peter usually shows up on ati. Maybe you can find and ask him there. Otherwise i'll ask him as soon as we're online at the same time ;) hope he knows how to do that ... Perhaps it's also possible to enable developer mode by changing some config file.

Jubatian

Re: developer mode?

Post by Jubatian »

Old topic, but maybe there are people around having a similar problem (I don't have Windows, so had to figure it out).

Start "winefile", this is a file manager similar to the old Windows one, running within Wine. Browse to Drakan, and double click it's exe holding SHIFT down. That way Drakan will take it, and you can select developer mode on the setup screen.

The configuration is not in the drakan config file or anywhere else within the game directory, but in the registry. I confirmed by having an other copy of Drakan, which reacted the same way (having developer mode enabled) once I enabled it in one. The keys are on the [HKLM]/Software/Surreal/Riot Engine path, but it is a binary mess which I didn't want to manually compare now, it's enough that it works.