Mouse lockup on Windows 7

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
ThomasNL
Hatchling

Mouse lockup on Windows 7

Post by ThomasNL »

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone on this forum that has in any way helped people in their quest to play this brilliant game again. It's great to see a community that genuinely cares about others and is helpful in all kinds of ways :)

Sadly, none of the workarounds or solutions matter in my case, as my mouse seems to lockup when launching the drakan.exe

The game succesfully launches, but my mouse is perfectly frozen in the middle of the screen.

You see, after I felt like playing this game again, I installed it and crashed on the infamous difficulty selection screen. I remembered this problem from the last time I tried playing drakan, so I quickly downloaded the official 445 patch and the usermade 445+ patch. It's not until after I installed these patches that my mouse kept freezing on me. I think it's safe to assume the lockup has to do with the official patch, because I already tried uninstalling the 445+ patch to see if that would fix it. (it didn't :()

Another thing I tried is to launch the game in developer mode, but it seems to make no difference.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. Anyone else that had a similar problem and knows how to fix this?

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

I personally do not know. I'm using Win 7 64 bit and Drakan runs OK on my system if that's any help. I'm using standard windows mouse drivers and a standard microsoft mouse.

Anyone else have any ideas?

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

No idea. I just booted up Drakan on Windows 7 for the first time today and it runs perfectly fine.