Vykruta's Axe

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
megaman951
Whelp

Vykruta's Axe

Post by megaman951 »

hello. I am messing around with cheat codes and I can't seem to get "Vykruta's Axe" to spawn with the "gimme" code. Anyone knows what is the cheat to spawn that axe ?

you normally get that axe in alwarren, it's behind a locked gate.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Vykruta's Axe

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I think some items that are specific to certain maps / levels will only spawn if you are on that level / map so Vykruta's axe will only spawn with the cheat code in Alwarren. I have tried the gimme cheat on my game and I can't get anything to spawn with the gimme command - I guess it's because I'm using a unofficial patched version. I know it used to work but does not appear to be doing so now.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

megaman951
Whelp

Post by megaman951 »

it's too bad about those level specific items. Oh well....

hmmm I'm just using the "AiO patch" and I can spawn the normal items just as usual

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

My guess is that certain weapons just aren't spawnable using cheat code. I can't get Vykruta's Axe using cheat code neither, even in Alwarren but eg. Sword of Flame and Mourn Bringer seem to be obtainable that way on any level.

Arokhs Twin, do you have developer mode enabled? "gimme" doesn't work without that.
Last edited by UCyborg on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Doh, it was because dev mode was not enabled - I had turned it off as the new patches made it unnecessary. I should have realised but my excuse is I haven't messed about with the game for years. :D I really should get round to playing through the whole thing again but I have been playing Skyrim and other games which the former occupied a lot of my time. I now have Dragon Age: Inquisition which is dauntingly huge.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair