Hey all

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Jamandi
Hatchling

Hey all

Post by Jamandi »

Wow, I am surprised folks still play this game. I did a quick google search for the heck of it. Any old time gamers still around?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Hey all

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there, there's still some fans around and there are actually some making new single player levels and mods for the game although that is rapidly diminishing due to the level editor not working with modern operatings systems.

I haven't seen anyone playing the game in a long time. It's kind of complicated, there's several player made patches which fix bugs that Surreal didn't and also improve compatibility with newer operating systems. As the server and client need to be running exactly the same game version + patch I don't think people can be bothered to be honest. I could be wrong but now the focus is mainly on single player rather than multiplayer.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Ginko
Whelp

Re: Hey all

Post by Ginko »

Yeah, I'm currently re-playing through the campaign (slowly) but I haven't even tried to start a multiplayer game.
Actually, I don't think I ever tried this mode...
A shame because it looks like shooting at each other while riding dragons could be fun for a bit. :)
El Psy Congroo