Game size question

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Drakanoob
Hatchling

Game size question

Post by Drakanoob »

I just received a copy of Order of the Flame that I ordered on ebay and the installed game (in Psygnosis) is only 302 mbs. Is it supposed to be that small? That's with the 445 patch installed. The cd itself has 423 mbs. I ask because there was a post on here which said it should be 700+ mbs and that fake copies were half the size.

Edit: I looked up the game specs online and the game should be 300 or so mbs so I guess the poster was incorrect. I read that in this thread http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2680

Ginko
Whelp

Re: Game size question

Post by Ginko »

My Drakan folder is about the same size as yours.
I guess it's smaller than the CD because the CD contains a few drivers and Earthlink (whatever that is) and DirectX installers which are not copied in the Drakan folder.
El Psy Congroo

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The CD contains audio tracks as well as the game files. The data track is around around 400Mb and when installed to the hard drive the Drakan folder is a bit smaller - mine is 340Mb in size and mine is the genuine version with 445 patch & a few mods.

There are some pirated versions - the easy way to tell is see if the CD plays in a CD player (skip track 1 though as that is the game files) also some files are different. The total CD size should be 700Mb or thereabouts including audio tracks. Pirated versions often do not include these.

Going by the sizes you have quoted your game is 99% certain genuine.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Ginko
Whelp

Post by Ginko »

For whatever reason, Windows 10 doesn't display the audio tracks in the explorer (even though Media Player can play them) so the 423MB is probably just the data track.
El Psy Congroo