Help Swing blades in Arokhs Lair ?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
SwiftNic
Hatchling

Help Swing blades in Arokhs Lair ?

Post by SwiftNic »

Hi,
While I owned a copy of Drakan for years, I only recently managed to get it to load past the difficulty setting. So now I'm playing and have got to Arokh's Lair on the island.
I have spent the last couple of evenings trying to get past the second set of horizontal swinging blades in the entrance corridor and I get chopped up every time. It's getting rather frustrating.

Any help ?
Please.

SwiftNic

shoprat
Dragon

Re: Help Swing blades in Arokhs Lair ?

Post by shoprat »

The angle the blades make across the path is hard to judge. Try turning so you are facing the edge of the blades and slowly strafe until the blade almost touches you as it swings past. As it goes by, strafe a little past it and get lined up for the next one. As I recall there's enough room between the blades to do a save if you want on each pass. Tackle them one at a time and you should be able to make it through.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I found ducking and rolling to one side helped in one part of those blade traps - I think it was the second set just before the falling bricks pit trap.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

SwiftNic
Hatchling

Post by SwiftNic »

Thank you both,

I got past the blades.
Duck the high blade then jump the low blade, keep moving forward.
On the third set, run or jump past the low blade then crouch and roll past the two high blades.
And save each time you get past a trap!

The chamber with the falling blocks took a lot of goes before I made it over to the other side.

But I finally got to meet Arokh.
And we've taken our first flight down Wartog Canyon.

Gotta fly,

SwiftNic