Arokh won't fly in Alwarren so I can't get out

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
metalmight
Hatchling

Arokh won't fly in Alwarren so I can't get out

Post by metalmight »

This is strange. I got the Bellhammer in Alwarren and both guides on gamefaqs say to go out the way you came in. From what I understand the entrance is in the North/West corner of the map. The problem is once I got the Bellhammer I cannot get Arokh to fly and the entrance looks to be on a high ledge. I am baffled and don't know what to do. All I could do is save and quit. I tried google searching and found nothing about this. Anyone know what to do or is it a bug?

UCyborg
Dragon

Re: Arokh won't fly in Alwarren so I can't get out

Post by UCyborg »

You are correct about where you exit Alwarren. Does Arokh say "I can't fly here" when you try to take off? He could be stuck. I remember it's possible for him to get stuck by some gate or similar, in which case you could use a combination of "floy" and "drop" cheats to unstuck him.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I'd probably have to replay that level but I think you have to walk Arokh out of the belltower cavern and up a slope through a previously blocked gate and out to the entrance where you met Turi when you will be able to fly again.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

metalmight
Hatchling

Post by metalmight »

UCyborg wrote:He could be stuck.
I don't think he's stuck because he can walk around freely with no problems.

metalmight
Hatchling

Post by metalmight »

Arokhs Twin wrote:I'd probably have to replay that level but I think you have to walk Arokh out of the belltower cavern and up a slope through a previously blocked gate and out to the entrance where you met Turi when you will be able to fly again.
Well I watched a video and the guy just flew up to the ledge and out.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

OK, I remember having to walk out but it's ages since I played the game. Ill have a look this weekend.

metalmight
Hatchling

Post by metalmight »

Ok thanks.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yeah, you walk out - after killing Tutol you walk into the area where he was standing and walk to the right and up the slope and out of alwarren. The other gates will be barred so there's only one way out. You can only fly in the middle part where the belltower is.

metalmight
Hatchling

Post by metalmight »

Ok I'll look around for the exit.

metalmight
Hatchling

Post by metalmight »

I got out. I patched the game with 10th anniversary and All In One patches and reloaded my game and I still couldn't fly. I went back to a older save in the Grotto and played through to Alwarren and this time I was able to fly right out! Now I've beaten the game! This was a great game! I played the PS2 game The Ancients Gates years ago and loved it. I was thinking this one would be not so good but it was great! I really enjoyed it! :D

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Great! There's lots of single player add on levels for the game you could try and if you still own a PS2 the sequel isn't bad.

OGDrakanfan

Post by OGDrakanfan »

Hi I have a similar problem to OP's but mine is that once I put the 6 crystal things in, defeat the giant, and collect the bellhammer, I can't leave Alwarren! The barrier that I just worked so hard to destroy comes back for some reason as soon as the cutscene (where Rynn talks about how there's no chance the giant Tutol or however it's spelled is still alive) ends.
I looked up youtube playthroughs where you have to walk up the path and exit from where you collected the first crystal so I know I went the right way. I'm guessing this is a bug of some sort. I have the 445 patch built in btw. Can anyone help?

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

Yes, that barrier closes right after the cutscene, it's not the bug. If you look around from where you came in after putting crystals in place, there is a tunnel on the left. Just go through the tunnel to return to the starting point where you met Tuiri. Then you can exit Alwarren from there.

Which version exactly do you have? If you have the latest official patch, the text at the bottom left of the menu screen should say BUILD 375/445. My version of Drakan is at 374/445 when installed from CD, which means official 445 patch must be installed to bring it to 375/445.

Once you're sure you have the latest official version of the game, I would highly recommend you to install AiO Patch, as it resolves A LOT OF known bugs and issues with the game.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

OGDrakanFan

Post by OGDrakanFan »

Cyborg I don't think you understood me..
What I mean is there is NO POSSIBLE EXIT
Every barrier is closed and blocking me including the original one so there is no way for me to leave the cave. And I said latest patch I have is 445

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

Oh, well, then I'm really out of suggestions, maybe you could try again with earlier save? I'd love to help, but, it's hard to do if I can't reproduce the issue on my end.