We now have our own permanent Drakan:OOTF multiplayer server.
Server Community Patch version: build 139.01 (release date: 12/08/2018).
Prerequisites for a successful connection:
- Make sure you're running the same version of the Drakan Community Patch (click here to download) as the server, listed above.
- On multi-GPU systems, make sure to disable CrossFire/SLI (as applicable) for Drakan.exe - the game can't use multiple GPUs anyway, and CF/SLI are known to cause it to crash in some cases.
- Make sure that Drakan.exe isn't blocked from accessing the Internet by your firewall! Both TCP and UDP connectivity is required.
- In the game menu, click "Multiplayer", and select the correct connection type. For most people nowadays, that'd be "T1/LAN".
- Remember to also choose the player and dragon skin color. It's quite confusing to play, when all players are using the same colors
- Since my server is set up to register with the master server(s), it should appear automatically in the in-game server list.
- Clicking the "Refresh" button should help, if the server doesn't appear in the list by itself.
- If that doesn't work for whatever reason, you can always add it manually: the IP is 188.8.131.52, port 38013. Remember to refresh, too.
- Double-click the server name to connect, or select it and click the "Connect" button.