New forum style to try out & server upgrade

Discuss anything that is not related to Drakan and Blade of Darkness here.

Moderators: Arokhs Twin, mage150

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: New forum style to try out & server upgrade

Postby Arokhs Twin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:36 am

Yeah I see what you mean, something is clearly wrong in the code somewhere. I've just tried it again on my Android device and it is displaying the mobile versions on all pages.

The attachment shows screenshot from my phone showing how it should look. It should have a 'hamburger' icon to reveal the drop down menu rather than displaying it like the desktop version. You could try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps. It looks like you are still getting the desktop version and it's being compressed and cut off due to the portrait orientation. See what happens when you turn your phone sideways so it's in landscape view.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170205-103246.png
This is what it should look like
Screenshot_20170205-103246.png (184.16 KiB) Viewed 40 times
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

UCyborg
Dragon

Re: New forum style to try out & server upgrade

Postby UCyborg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:20 pm

I do get the mobile version as in the screenshot you posted on my phone, just the "Request desktop site" option produces the hybrid version instead of full desktop version.

I wonder if "Request desktop site" does anything else besides that it removes Android from user agent string. Not really familiar with web development, but from quick google search it seems reliable auto-detection is PITA to get right. You have multiple ways to accomplish it and some are less reliable than others.
"Once a profound truth has been seen, it cannot be 'unseen'. There's no 'going back' to the person you were. Even if such a possibility did exist... why would you want to?" - Dave Sim

Return to “Arokh's Lair Forums”