Drakan Con

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
henniferbob
Hatchling

Drakan Con

Post by henniferbob »

Anyone ever think of doing something like this? I know with things like regular gaming cons and Dragon Con, there wouldn't be much point. But it'd be fun to bring a small intimate gathering of Drakan fans together to discuss the game, have a glass of wine or mead with a delicious banquet, watch dragon films, etc.

Maybe during a Renaissance fair or something where we can dress up as Drakan or Drakan-inspired characters? Just throwing it out there!

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Drakan Con

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi welcome to the forum. I don't think there are enough of us to go with a large event but a get together would be nice to do if enough of us were interested; the biggest problem is we are split over several countries. There are a lot of Drakan fans in Russia and Eastern Europe - definitely as almost all of the modders and long term Drakan fans are from these areas of the world. Of course there's the USA and the UK too; going by most of the site visitors most of our fan base is in Europe.

I did visit the states a few years ago and planned to meet up with a couple of other US fans but it fell through. Both were in short travelling distance of NYC which I was staying in but even then that didn't work out. Depending on where we are located and where a chosen venue would be there's gonna be travelling costs.

We would best start with posting our country / region / city for those interested.

For the record I'm in the UK / Yorkshire / Bradford
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

yangez93
Dragon

Re: Drakan Con

Post by yangez93 »

Hi

It sounds good idea. We can make event,costume contest, show weapons props, papercraft or our artworks. There are still Drakan fans :)

Arokhs Twin, you're right. The best idea is to chose the best city/region for example in the middle of our countries.

I'm from Poland / Katowice