Help!

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Sy
Whelp

Help!

Post by Sy »

[?] I just got the level editor, and I've made a kick ass MP level but my real want is to make a single player level and include enemies and the like. I just don't know what to do![:(] I'd appreciate any help form anyone.

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

What do you know already? Can you place layers, objects? The whole topic of level creating is a very huge one; so, any help waht you wanna learn can speed things up a lot.

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

oh, yeah, that's for sure [:D]

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ASSASSIN</i>

What do you know already? Can you place layers, objects? The whole topic of level creating is a very huge one; so, any help waht you wanna learn can speed things up a lot.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've got the enemies in my level now (I finally figured it out), but now my big problem is testing out the level. Test Level doesn't work, and when I try to play the level in Drakan, All I see is the inside of the storm box and a debug message saying 'Recovering Rynn from Layer_None..." Can you help me fix this?

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Test Level Fix: In the Files menu, you can see the option "EDITOR FILES AND PATHS". Go there, and enter the CORRECT path of Drakan.exe which is set wrong by default. That will enable you test your levels from the editor. :)

Recovering Rynn from Layer_None error: Rynn is placed
a. above no layer
b. above a layer (or part of a layer which has) with no textures on
c. you have not calculated layer visibility. To do so, go into Window menu and there click on "LAYER VISIBILITY". There click on "Calculate Layer Visibility" and that's it if this was the problem. (Quick-link to this menu is the two green rectangle looking icon, between the yellow wheel and the hammer&screwdriver icon)

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

Yet another problem shows up...Arokh can't walk and when he flies becomes lodged in layer none. He is on a layer that is textured. Also, when I try to play the game, I click on the level title in the New Game menu, and the 'Please Insert Disk' window comes up. Disk is in the computer and isn't dirty or scratched. Computer gone AWOL?

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

install patch 445. www.bloodbound.net/axe also check your flight cieling and make sure it is high enough for arokh to fly

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

To Mage 150 and Assassin: Thanks! I've been reading your tutorials (Mage: Landscaping help was great.) And enjoying the levels youi have created via Planet Drakan. Thanks for helping me out, and I hope to get help from you in the near future. I may need more help via this post, so I'd love any ongoing help.

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

As of 24 August, I still can't get Arokh to fly without being drawn into Layer None. 445 Patch is installed and the ceiling is of approprate height. I just can't figure it out!! DAMN!

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

As of 25 Aug, things worsen. While the landscape looks flawless, NPC's behave abnormally at times and Rynn is commonly caught on fire by her own sword. Arokh still has his wings clipped; he cannot fly without going into layer none, and cannot walk across layers. He also can't absorb breath power-ups. I have made waterfalls, but I can't put water on the lake and river beds I have created. I can play the game now, fortunately. Weapons in the invantory appear grouped. As of today, the level is called Dragons' Temple, and will be availible via Planet Drakan...if I can manage to finish it.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

that sounds like a hefty amount of Bugs. You set yourself up for one of my worst problems which was not fixing bugs early on and than being overwhelmed in the end. I restarted my SP series mainly because I had such disorganization and bugs and errors and such but it was more time to try and fix them than to start over again from scratch. Most of that stuff sounds like its going to mean going through lots of different databases to fix things. Now to even mention how is your texturing? If you send me some screenshots I can upload them and post them for you. Ill make some suggestions on whether or not you should even continue working on your series.

Dark Master
Whelp

Post by Dark Master »

interesting, never had such problems.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

I didn't realize I had such problems before. I probably don't realize that I have problems now, (other than I can't texture for my life) they are just there for me to find.

Sy
Whelp

Post by Sy »

To all who have been following the drama; I have posted some of my level's screen's on the web. The site is http://www.geocities.com/adeon26/drakanpics.html
and includes narratives on what you are seeing. Mage150, they are the screens you wanted to see.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

work on your texturing. it would help make the map look alot better. Other than that I guess It doesn't look to be half bad. One of the shots reminds me of a place in D:TAG