Drakan patch 445++, solving Alwarren and cutscene

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Shelim
Dragon

Drakan patch 445++, solving Alwarren and cutscene

Post by Shelim »

Okay, Arokh's Twin - could you put this patch and downgrade on Arokh's Lair? Thank you in advance

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/82366 ... %2B%2B.exe

This patch solves Alwarren bug and initial cutscene crashing. It can be applied on both 445 and 445+ versions. If you would like to play multiplayer download also downgrade (as multiplayer is not compatible between 445 and 445+):

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/82366 ... %2B%2B.exe

If you find any problem, feel free to drop post here

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Thanks Shelim, have also put the patch on Drakan Download FTP!

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

I've noticed that after I patch my game with 445++ patch I can't make Rynn to look up or down. I could still use the patch to pass the Alwarren bug but then I had to remove the patch to continue the game. Take a look plz...

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Oh, strange. I've noticed that now too... it seems that freelook doesn't work at all and that's the reason.

Unfortunately I had to format all my partition today because of some nasty virus and I don't have backup of that files (they are too fresh). But I'll try to reproduce second version of patch from my notes. As far as I know, this problem wouldn't happen in version 445+, only 445++.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Ok thanks. Let me know when the final version is out and I will test it and put it on the site. Also do you have the 445+ downgrade as it is a dead link or will this downgrade 445+ and 445++ games?

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

downgrade 445++ can be applied to both 445+ and 445++

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Thanks for letting me know. Keep me updated and Ill put the final version on the site - I probably won't get round to it for a few days anyway. Very busy at the moment...

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Huh, it was hard nut to crack. But finally it is done :-)
First, if you'd used earlier version of 445++ use this downgrade:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/82366/drakan ... %2B%2B.exe
than, after reverting to 445 download this and install:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/82366/drakan ... %2B%2B.exe
it fixes both cutscene and alwarren bugs and it seems to have no side effects at all, although I may have missed something. This patch will also install small "RemovePatch" exe which you can use to restore game to it's original state (although the "RemovePatch" will be unable to delete itself, stupid PatchMaker - you'll have to do it manually).
I started thinking about solving Queen Shilla bug and if I succeed, the final patch should be working as First Unofficial Drakan Single Player Service Pack (tm)! Whoa! ;-)

LIST OF RAW ASSEMBLY CHANGES:
DRAKAN PATCH 445+
0x0013FC0D: 6A to EB
0x0013FC0E: 01 to 1D
0x0013FCDC: 6A to EB
0x0013FCDD: 01 to 24

DRAKAN PATCH 445++ (second version)
0x0003476E: 85 to 90
0x0003476F: C9 to 90
0x00034770: 74 to EB

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Well done and congrats for your hard work! I will add it to the front page very soon.

jlryker
Hatchling

Post by jlryker »

Hi,
thanks a lot for your effort! Finally it works without crashing a hundred times!
It's great to see that many people still love this game

greetings

Jens

cin
Hatchling

Post by cin »

Hello,

Im sorry, but the game crashes when I continue from whrere I got alwarren hammer to island world. I have the patch (downgraded and upgraded again). i thought it was solved in this patch. What's wrong?

Thanks

(my PC configuration is Win XP SP3, Geforce 6600 GT, etc.)

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Most strange. This should not happen, altrough I may missed something. Could you publish somewhere saved game state right before you leave Alwarren location and enter Island and send here link?

cin
Hatchling

Post by cin »

I met some problems with finding the 455 patch because the link was broken, that's why I downloaded the game from Axe's server (with 445 installed), upgraded from patches on Axe's server and started the game. Freelook didn't work. I downgraded and upgraded from patches from this site and all went well, until exiting Alwarren. So I downloaded the 'downgrade from 445++ to 445' and '445++ patch' from Axe's server (the one where freelook didn't work) and down- and upgraded. Exited Alwarren level (with freelook malfunction), saved the game, down- and upgraded from patches from this site. After loading the saved game, freelook started working properly again. Since then, everything went fine.

I think you won't need my saved games, but who knows... hope they are the right ones. :-)
http://www.edisk.cz/stahnout-soubor/084 ... .95KB.html

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

That is strange! The two patch's on my site are same as here, 445* and 445**, plus the downgrades. I think your just having too much fun!

The 445 patch can be had off of the main page of this websites server!

cin
Hatchling

Post by cin »

I just wrote what I did. The idea of doing this came up because the problem with mouse freelook was solved when using patch 445++ from this site. I tell you, I played the game without the mouse freelook for some time and it really got on my nerves, then I tried patches from here and it went well.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AXE</i>
... I think your just having too much fun! ...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Why would I lie to you?? I just solved my problem and posted the solution. That's all. I thank you for your servers and I'm sorry that it didn't go properly, maybe just on my PC. [:(!]