Export Landscape

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
olli9000
Hatchling

Export Landscape

Post by olli9000 »

Hi,

if i export a level from level editor as landscape with textures (there is an option when exporting) and import the .reo in model editor, there are no textures. Iam think the model editor dont find the bitmaps, cause there are no bitmaps in the folder, where i exported the landscape.
The second problem what i have is, i cant save/export textures with alpha mask in the level editor.

Have sombody same problems or can help me with this?

Many thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Regards

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Export Landscape

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Welcome to the forum! I can't help you personally but you should get a reply from one of the others - it may be a while as I don't think they check the forum often.

If you want to scroll through the topics made by the forum member shoprat you might find what you are looking for as he has kindly collected all the information he had and posted it on the forum. There are also some tutorials here.

http://www.arokhslair.net/downloads/tutorials.zip
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

olli9000
Hatchling

Post by olli9000 »

many thanks, iam looking at the tutorials. its not easy to work with the editors, but each tutorial can help me. :wink:

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

Yes - as I remember you need to export textures separately (or make your own files with corrent names - you can read names and paths in the .REO).

Also no export textures with alpha maps - you need to generate alpha maps yourself.

olli9000
Hatchling

Post by olli9000 »

(or make your own files with corrent names - you can read names and paths in the .REO)
Mhhh I have this tried, but it works only for models like weapons or objects. But the Landscape textures are not found or it is the incorrect name of the texture. Is this working for you?

Yes, Iam looking in the path options for that... mhh it cant found textures for landscape. :(

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

Loaded level "Hill of Fire" MP. Selected upper left layer. Exported.

# Riot Engine Object

version 2.1
name Landscape
created by RIOT Level Editor

materials 16
0 texture Texture314
1 texture Texture154
2 texture Texture152
3 texture Texture217
4 texture Texture226
5 texture Texture221
6 texture Texture218
7 texture Texture12
8 texture Texture36
9 texture Texture48
10 texture Texture238
11 texture Texture234
12 texture Texture34
13 texture Texture25
14 texture Texture237
15 texture Texture49

Textures are in Mountain World Common TD database - you need to export manually.

Also add .bmp extension manually like
0 texture Texture314.bmp
into .REO file or try to delete ext from bitmap files.