What about papercraft?

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Morell
Dragon

What about papercraft?

Post by Morell »

I've been thinking about it for a long time. At first I really wanted to have paper Arokh, but threte are so many other interesting models as well. So, I want to create papercrafts, but I realy need help.
I'm useless with 3D programs, except pepacura, that makes that papercrafts. So I need someone to get me models from game and textures. I will describe the details, but I want to find someone first.

I was surprised myself, how popular papercrafts still are. So can someone help me with it?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: What about papercraft?

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there I had a look around on the known drakan sites as I'm sure I have seen some exported models somewhere but could not find anything. Some of the other players that modify the game should be able to help though.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

I've seen them too, but when I tried to download model, it wasn't there anymore and it was years ago.

I have downloaded level editor from here, as I remembered that I can see textures from game in it ant it is enought to get them, but I still need the models.

Found a model of Arokh from ancident gates, no texture (damn), need edit.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Maybe I'm asking wrong questions. Whatever. I tryed the 3D riller, but it just doesm't work on my computer. (mabye too old one...)
So, is here anyone, who cen use this program on models from Drakan and get me models in 3DS max format?

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Guys! This isn't good. :cry: Rally noone?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I found some exported models for weapons on Drakon Rider's FTP server and he is the best one to ask about exporting Arokh models however he hasn't visited since April this year. You could try sending him a PM or email but other than that I can't remember. Many of the players who used to do this type of stuff has given up long ago.

Here are some topics you might find useful viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1939 & http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewtop ... f=4&t=2340

Seems it is not very easy to do with animated characters but very easy with static models such as weapons and other items. If I come across anything else in the meantime Ill let you know.

Its a long shot but some of the ex Surreal guys drop in here from time to time so something useful might turn up eventually.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

You're right that it is very long shot.. well, I still have patience... or maybe it can be done by... :idea:

Metalfist
Whelp

Post by Metalfist »

Hey, I just finished creating Arokh for papercraft and build him.
Check it out here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Arokh/
I included the files for people to build him any size they like :)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Glad to see you managed to do this - looks great btw. Ill mention it on the main page.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Metalfist wrote:Hey, I just finished creating Arokh for papercraft and build him.
I included the files for people to build him any size they like :)
Wow, it is so nice, can you upload it somewhere, where I don't need acconut to download it? I hate creating them just for one thing.
http://www.ulozto.net/ for example?
Great work. Can you post PDO file(or 3D model)? I have bigger head texture. (nice art, adding details. Unluckily I don't have time to work on another textures)

Metalfist
Whelp

Post by Metalfist »

Arokhs Twin wrote:Glad to see you managed to do this - looks great btw. Ill mention it on the main page.
Thx :D

It is here on mediafire, afaik you don't need to have an account to download something:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ldzuv ... rcraft.zip
PDO/Textures are included.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

EXCELENT!!! WIl you crate another models as well? Boned dragon could be interesting.

I'm so happy that I can't but give my personal gift to you and the forum... Check it out! Pitty that no time left for anorther textures as well...
http://nd06.jxs.cz/431/863/37331cfda1_96163283_o2.jpg

Metalfist
Whelp

Post by Metalfist »

Was thinking about creating some more dragons. I think the boned dragon will be difficult as it has a lot of transparency and you will need to cut that out. If you do that there will not be enough paper left to support the model, unless you make some sort of support for it... need to check if it's possible. The other dragons (except Werokh) are basicly Arokh's model with a different texture and variation in the horns.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Yeah. I finally made 3D ripper working. (I didn't ralise that I haven't instaled directX) so I will try to make some models too, but real pitty its that ripper donť work with level editor. I changed the engine.exe for fixed one and I must say, that some poses and animations are amazing. My luck is that obj is importable to pepacura so I rip and then remove, what I don't need, but I must have perfect rip.
I wish you luck with the dragons. I tryed boned at least 50 times but even when I get good model of body, I never had whole head... I will try using second player for it. that could make the process easier. Try it your way anyway, You seem to have working system for it.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Model is nice, but I thing, that in game two layers of texture are used, which makes arokh's skin bright, shiny and really lizardlike, especialy outside.
I edited them a bit to look more like in the game.
Metalfist, check the problem image and fix the rexture on both wings. It must be done before importing to pepacura. I is really obvious with wing texture with alpha.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_tOkX ... sp=sharing