What about papercraft?

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Metalfist
Whelp

Re: What about papercraft?

Post by Metalfist »

Morell wrote:Model is nice, but I thing, that in game two layers of texture are used, which makes arokh's skin bright, shiny and really lizardlike, especialy outside.
I edited them a bit to look more like in the game.
Metalfist, check the problem image and fix the rexture on both wings. It must be done before importing to pepacura. I is really obvious with wing texture with alpha.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_tOkX ... sp=sharing
If you enable bump mapping in Drakan it uses bump maps to give an illusion of depth and also makes the texture bright. I also never got a whole model, so I just recreated it in maya.
Thanks for letting me know that error, I overlooked that one :) I'll upload the fixed version soon (I have to unfold it again unfortunately)

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

I know it too well, I also made few models in pepacura already.
You may also try to upload my bit edited textures. Maybe it seems ovelighted, but I belive that the printer will fix it. standart printer usually makes things darker.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_tOkX ... sp=sharing
And I belive this looks bit more like from the game. Wow, you made me really happy. I was draming about this since I played demo of drakan and it was ten years ago.

Metalfist
Whelp

Post by Metalfist »

It is fixed and uploaded. I included the brighter textures as well. :) Same link.
I also tighten up the texture/materials, so it is easier/faster to switch texture maps in pepakura.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Grat! I'm glad I could help.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

I will thing about editing the textures again, but it isn't anythig alarming for now...

I did my own... see how it looks with brighter textures. It is in bit weird light, because it was taken in the eveneing.

http://morellagrysis.deviantart.com/art ... -421191205
http://morellagrysis.deviantart.com/art ... -421192311

Metalfist
Whelp

Post by Metalfist »

Looks very nice! It makes me happy to see other people's builds . :D

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

It is nice to read. :D I feel the same.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Any idea how to make ripper work with the editor? I tried it on riot negine (fixed one from here). Running ripper directly on it works, but when I use ripper on editor, engine fails to start when I try wiev the models. That would be almost exreme help for then we can rep one specific model with nothing else and easily in wanted pose.
I had idea of creating small level, able to run in engine, runned with command line of ripper. (I know similar line from avp 2, where lcommnd line to run for example rez with czech placed in same folder as game is: -rez cz.rez) I tried it with the engine, but not good.
reall pitty is that global monitoring don't seem to work on my PC, even on games, where injection works normaly. If nothing else, I will maybe try this...
if someone has the idea, that can help, I'm waiting.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Still have no process with editor, but I found, how to make almost perfect rip... werry flat, but missing paces can be duplicated from the model, at least on dragons - multiplayer menu for choosing.
I'm telling you because it will proably take some time before I'l get to 3DS max again... and I accidentaly turned of imorting of material informations... so I have nothing, but I checked them evenwithout texture and the resoult is really not bad. Had to be scalled, but no difficuld deformation.

Metalfist
Whelp

Post by Metalfist »

I can't help you with the editor part, because it won't even start up here. :| For Arokh I took a shot from the side in the multiplayer menu and rebuild the missing parts (along with fixing some UV issues).
I do it this way: First capture frames, then import it into 3DS max, convert it to FBX, import the FBX into maya, reassign the textures, rebuild missing geometry and UVs and then prepare model for a proper export to Pepakura.
Edit: I now have Werokh in pepakura :)

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Hmmm, seems that I'm useless with 3DS max... and don't have it (on my PC) or maya, I'l wait for you then... I'm trying to undestand milkshape... unitl the trial expires, it can work with bones and adding them to the dragons could be great. Then we could pose them as we want... I have to finaly prepare my testing dragon model and try it... Also it is fascinating for conversions, so I exported dozen models from Warcraft 3. Pitty that it can't import animation from mdx files...

You have werokh? Perfect. Looking fward to it. I've finished my skyrim frost dragon, so i'm ready for another dragon. :lol:

Metalfist
Whelp

Post by Metalfist »

I sent you a PM with the file for Werokh.
Looking forward for pictures of your build :)

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Found a mistake finaly. :!: all legs don't have the same texture, left is different from right, both front and back. :!: Once it is done, I can reedit the tempelate, if you don't want to waste time with it. My paper model is already done. Once, everything is done, I'l show you photos. XD Lol, I'm evil.

Metalfist
Whelp

Post by Metalfist »

That's no mistake. All legs are using different textures in-game.

But other than that the template I sent you is alright to build with?
Then I would like to make an instructable of it (and put it online) and use your photo's of the build for it if you are okay with that? You will be credited ofc ;)

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

No, it was not. but I have pepacura as well, so I reedited it to be "buildable".
When you have PDO file, no other help is needed with such small model. Simply start with the head and finnish with tail.

photo is on my DA: http://morellagrysis.deviantart.com/ But you probably know it, you're my watcher, if I'm not mistaken.