Making drakan *.Reo to *.Obj or *.Dae converter

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Making drakan *.Reo to *.Obj or *.Dae converter

Post by Arokhs Twin »

ilezhnin wrote:Hi.
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to install the package (version 86 and 64) but after reboot the program gives the same error :( I installed the packages for 2010, 2012, 2013 studios but the result is still the same, error: missing MSVCP110D.dll file. Google say that the file belongs to the 2010 studio. But this redistributable package I also installed. I do not understand why I have this problem occurred while others do not :) Maybe if the code is not very complex, you upload it to Github. Then I tried to compile it on my computer. I'm a little programmed in C# and C++ in the university. Worth a try. I am very grateful to you for this program, and I'm very sorry that I can not use it :(
It's definitley a visual basic runtime problem - try running the program in xp compatibility mode and see if that works. Do you have any other programs that don't work?
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

ilezhnin
Hatchling

Post by ilezhnin »

Nope. Its definitely does not work for me. I tried different versions compatibility. Always the same error. Everything else works for me well, never seen such problem. Very pity :( I started write my own converter :) For now figured out with vertexes and polygons as well as materials. It remains add the normal, UV coordinates and in general the converter will be completed. So thanks for the trying to help, I do not want to take your time longer. Big thanks!

roosen5
Hatchling

Post by roosen5 »

ilezhnin wrote:Nope. Its definitely does not work for me. I tried different versions compatibility. Always the same error. Everything else works for me well, never seen such problem. Very pity :( I started write my own converter :) For now figured out with vertexes and polygons as well as materials. It remains add the normal, UV coordinates and in general the converter will be completed. So thanks for the trying to help, I do not want to take your time longer. Big thanks!
I sent you a PM about this, but a missing "MSVCP110D.dll" definetely means that you're missing a visual C++ redist, as this program is 32 bit, you should download the 32 bit version of that too. Also don't just download the dll from elsewhere, if you just put this inside the executable folder it will take that one over the installed one! (Probably giving the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" error).

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

I wish I was that far as converting reo or rec to now standart 3D formats. That is second half of the work. I'm simply still stuck at gettng them from databases of drakan. Which can be dony by 3D ripper in game (saddly not in editor), but then it means a lot of rebuilding. Luckily I'll get new pc in next months, so I'll get drakan working again and will begin to dig in it again.

If there was program to open databases and export any files from them, it would be great and would make... well everythng accesable - models, textures, even sounds(!). Pitty that I can program only the simplest things and not even them correct.

In this way I trully love wow model viewer, whic helps me getting a lot of models from wow. No I do not require something that complex, that would be for long work...

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

This doesn't work because it was compiled in debug mode and linked against debug runtime libraries. Visual C++ Redist doesn't ship with debug libraries for obvious reasons.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

We used to just convert REO to 3ds formats and then convert that to whatever we wanted. Then we edited and reversed the conversion. For REC you just need to use the REO > REC editor that Andrey made to set the weights to the new vertices. Sure it isn't clean, but it works. I'm not sure why someone hasn't reverse engineered the existing plugins to work with wider formats. I know there was one available for blender, but I am not sure if my memory serves me correctly.
Moderator Of Arokh's Lair.

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

I see, I just wanted to point out that this program won't work for all users due to debug runtime library issue. It works for me because I have Visual Studio 2015 installed which apparently also includes older versions of debug runtime libraries. But it won't work on fresh Windows installations with only Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 installed as this installs only MSVCR110.DLL and MSVCP110.DLL, but not MSVCR110D.DLL and MSVCP110D.DLL.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

roosen5
Hatchling

Post by roosen5 »

Whoa can't believe I posted the debug binaries, well here's the fixed version:

https://mega.nz/#F!U5MhiSDS!WrnrPyZ2zFawrpm7T3mbfw

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

I just remembered, back in high school programming classes, for the final assignment, when I sent finished project to the teacher, he couldn't run it as the program loaded some files from its directory, the files were in Release folder, but he ran the debug version and didn't think of trying release version. :D

unterbuchse
Whelp

Post by unterbuchse »

tl;dr; : Converter does not generate correct model. It gives much more vertices than necessary. Further info in the other thread.

As pointed out in the other thread, about the Python Converter, this one still seems to be broken. I dont want to double post so I just want to link to it: https://arokhslair.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 912#p31912

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

I just wanted to reply back to say that I also get the .dll missing errors. All MS Redistributables are installed. I also repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled. Still not working.

Any chance we can get an update here, or maybe package the needed files with the download?
Moderator Of Arokh's Lair.