Need some advice on putting Drakan on PSP

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
RefinedBulbasir
Hatchling

Need some advice on putting Drakan on PSP

Post by RefinedBulbasir »

I have never modded anything in my life so I need help seeing if it’s possible to put Drakan on my psp. I was thinking it should be possible since it’s an older game but I wouldn’t know where to begin modding the controls to work and I’m sure there’s lots I haven’t considered. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/tips?

UCyborg
Dragon

Re: Need some advice on putting Drakan on PSP

Post by UCyborg »

Impossible at the moment, maybe in the future if OpenDrakan project is finished and someone ports it to PSP. From a little searching, you can only use PSP as a monitor and controller for the games that run on your computer.

On the PSP itself, you can only play certain DOS games using PSP version of DOSBox emulator, but Drakan is not that old for this to apply, being a newer Windows game.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Need some advice on putting Drakan on PSP

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi the PSP is a completely different hardware architecture from the PC; the game would have to be re-written / re-compiled or run under emulation which the PSP isn't powerful enough for. As Ucyborg stated it is impossible at the moment. Even OpenDrakan would need major work to port it to the PSP and then there's all the legal & copyright implications. It would need a hacked / modded PSP to be able to play the game too.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair