Level transitions

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
ASSASSIN
Dragon

Level transitions

Post by ASSASSIN »

I'd only like to ask one thing: how is the HEIGHT (Y-coordinate I guess) of Rynn or Arokh calculated? There was no mention on Surreal forum about this (or I did not find it).

Thanks all

Dobos "Assassin" Andras

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

??? _where_ ??? in what situation ??? as pure answer : the height of a 3D model is Ymax-Ymin :) but i think you ask about player's placement on a layer in editor right ?

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Ouch man! My PC forgot to add the first part!!!! Damn IE 6.00 :(

So, here we go again!

If there is a level transition between two levels whichs' layers are not in the same height (for ie.: the 1st one has a height of 200000, while the 2nd has a height of 40000). There is a level transition between these two - and how does Drakan calculate Rynn or Arokh's height (Y - coordiante, still not sure :) ) on the new map?

More conviently:
WHY ARE THEY PLACED BELOW THE GROUND?!!!

Dobos "Assassin" Andras

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

assassin you still need help with this topic ?

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Well, I have solved my problems, but if I could ask, still I wish to know - HOW THE H*LL DOES DRAKAN CALCULATE THE PLAYER POSITION WHEN TRANSPORTING VIA LEVELS?!? lol. :)

Sometimes I need to try for days until I can finally get the right settings :S

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

I did a level transition map with a complete explination of how its calculated. The SP map is availible at planetdrakan.com and its called simply level transitions.

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Sorry mage, but that map is none of use...

I know how transitions work expect the thing I don't know how the exact coordinates (X,Y,Z) of the player (and of his dragon) gets calculated.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

its in the readme the exact formula. Y does not change but XZ changes 2x2 I beleve. look in the read me file of that.