XP Driver Error

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Neroth
Hatchling

XP Driver Error

Post by Neroth »

I have had a copy of order of the flame for some time, and it worked fine on my old Windows ME computer. But now i have a Windows XP computer, and when i install the game it completes the installation process, but then come up with this error
"WARNING: Drakan has several compatability issues with some older drivers for sound and display adaptor cards...."

The game runs with perfect sound, but the landscape is all wrong, i cannot see Rynn, as there is what i can only describe as '2 layers of terrain'. And when i move the mouse around i can see sometimes catch a glimpse of the correct screen behind this 'other' layer of terrain. The intro movie is also like this.[:(] As a result the game is unplayable[V]

I think it may be because i dont have the correct graphics card. i only have the defult which is named "Primary Display Driver(intel)R)82865G Graphics Controller"
Do i also need an 3D accelerator card, as this is what is stated on the box?

What gets me though is that it works on my mums laptop fine, which is also Window XP[?]

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Thank you :)

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

This is what you are talking about? Mine did not resolve itself until I bought a cheap video card, rather than just the onboard video provided.[8D]

Neroth
Hatchling

Post by Neroth »

yeah that exactly it!

what card did you buy?

thank you for the reply :D

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Sorry to say but onboard video cards are never any good for games (with the exception of the nforce chipset) so your only option is an add in card. Thing to check though is see if your system has an AGP slot or PCI Express slot. If it hasn't you will be a bit limited; only a normal PCI (not express) card will work and these are very hard to get and are not as good performance as newer cards.