HELP! Character Texture question

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

sfb
Dragon

HELP! Character Texture question

Post by sfb »

Hi all,

I've been upscaling and retexturing every texture for my upcoming mod over the last year or so but I have run into an issue with the Knight's armor texture.

I want to have two different base textures for light and medium armor, however it appears that once the light armor is accessed in the first knight level, that base texture is used fore the medium armor too - resulting in the same base armor texture for both light and medium until the 3rd and last heavy armor is found.

Is there anyway of changing the texture path, so that the knight uses KGNTR just for light armor and KGTLR for medium armor?

I've already textured both armors, but I forgot about the light armor in the first level when testing!

Anyway, I've attached some wip pics to give you guys an idea of what it's looking like. The reshade is also coming along nicely too.

Thanks,

SFB
Attachments
BLAD7.png
BLAD7.png (525.45 KiB) Viewed 287 times
BLADE4.png
BLADE4.png (732.64 KiB) Viewed 287 times
BLADE3.png
BLADE3.png (740.9 KiB) Viewed 287 times
BLADE2.png
BLADE2.png (683.87 KiB) Viewed 287 times
BLADE1.png
BLADE1.png (716.36 KiB) Viewed 287 times

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: HELP! Character Texture question

Post by prospero »

The texture name is hard-coded in the .BOD file if two meshes share a texture name there is no way you can do this externally.

I have in the past used a HEX editor to change the internal texture or char names in the .BOD file. You have to put the editor in
'edit' mode, select the text and use the search/replace facilities to change the name. Simply altering the name corrupts the file
and the replacing word must have the same amount of letters/numbers. If you do try this - SAVE A BACKUP COPY.
Having said that, the last time I tried this it didn't work. :(

sfb
Dragon

Post by sfb »

Thanks prospero you're a legend, it worked!

This might open up some more possibilities with the other characters as well.

Thanks again!

cheers,

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I enormously glad to hear that. 8) :D