Barrier Warp

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Barrier Warp

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Possible spoiler...
A few months back I posted a way to force the second to last level in D:TAG right after the first. I recently found the same methodology works for forcing the save to Shiverbane. So... theoretically... you could start the game... do Shadowmire and get Earth Blade and Arokh, warp to the Valley, open the Eye Gate there and get the Fire Blade... head back to Surdana and go to the Andrellians, finish off B-grinder and hit Ravenshold where you open the Eye Gate and go back to Surdana and get Kragmor and the Lightning Blade, go back to Ravenshold and go thru the tunnel to the Northern Tundra where you fly to the Barrier and warp to Shiverbane, beating Maulgak and scoring the Ice Blade and freeing up Mournbringer from Brekk in Surdana...
So... you could run around Ravenshold... before ever doing your first mission there... wielding Mournbringer.
The method for breaking thru is the same as the Valley... take Arokh halfway or two thirds up the mountain face behind and above the Barrier and face the wall. Hold strafe (L2) and turn side to side with the right joystick to try to find the jagged little space wherein Arokh's srafe function is reversed... that'll start pulling him thru the mountain face onto the outside of the map. It will almost certainly take many tries, but it's do-able and repeatable. Keep strafe held when you find the right spot and when he pulls thru he'll probably keep trying to pop back out, but hang onto strafe and keep pushing him thru 'til his whole body is outside the map and his wings flap freely. Descend thru the roof of the caves to land on the floor and you're home free. The Barrier shimmers intact behind you, and forward prompts the save to Shiverbane. You don't even need to score the items for Zeggoro if y'don't wanna. You can use the Eye Gates for all the travel. Hope this helps replay and adventuring. Cheers!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Bump. You peeps should try this... and the Sunny Andrellians... and the Valley Warp... and Jumping at Jade's...
There's SOOO much to do in The Ancients' Gates!!!

Ananta Boga
Hatchling

Post by Ananta Boga »

I need some help... I need the amethyst and the blade of purest gold, AND, I need to know where the north village in Ravenshold or what ever the place is called.

thx.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Hi.
SPOILERS:
If you haven't found them yet, take Arokh thru the entrance to the Northern Tundra in Ravenshold. Check your map for the location. Once you're thru the cave, fly straight North until you see a column of smoke in the sky. Fly towards it and Arokh will let you know that you're at the outpost. Land and go inside. Talk to the guy at the desk to deal with the golden blade and he'll give you a mission. Then talk to a Northman drinking from a tankard by a barrel and he'll tell you about a friend who got snatched by some Ice Golems. That's another mission. Check your map and deal with two quests- one to the East, one to the West, and then report back to Captain Serris at the outpost.
Good luck and remember to consult your map screen.

Shazas Bonded
Hatchling

Post by Shazas Bonded »

Hi.
Iv finished Drakan the ancient gates 3 times. So i can help you with anyting you need. Now, about that Amethyst and the blade of purest gold.....to get the ametheyst talk to the man drinking like Outlaw Wyvern said and then head to the ice caves located on your map you will then see a portal go through it then carry on with that level and you should find it. To get the blade of purest gold, go through into the Northan Tundra, then keep flying north untill Arokh says; "I think i see the Northmans Camp below" Then fly down and go inside. Talk to the man at the desk and he will send you on a journey to kill the disapearing Wartock. Do what he says by going back to Arokh and flying to the Wartock Caves. There you will find two caves next to each other, Go through any one - as they both meet in the middle. carry on following the caves through untill you come to a dead end with the disapearing wartock. Kill him and he will drop some Magic Gauntlets that the man at the desk in the northmans camp wanted. Take them to him and he will give you the blade of purest gold.

Shazas Bonded
Hatchling

Post by Shazas Bonded »

Please can you tell me Outlaw Wyvern, how to do those glitches whilste in Surdana? And possibly in more detail? I have just finished drakan 3 times and im starting again and iv just done Shadowmire and to be honest i cant be bothered to do any more....BUT if you could show me how to do those glitches it would be alot more fun!

So can you or can you not get STAIGHT from Surdana to another place without any hard work? PLEASE TELL ME!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Hi Shazas Bonded. Excellent to meet another D:TAG fan! The following is copied from a post I made over at PlanetDrakan, as it seems the original post I made here fell victim to a purge.

"This weekend I got what has to be my coolest glitch-score yet. I was trying to walk around on the upper structure of the castle gate into the Valley of the Fallen... this was early in the game... then I noticed that Arokh bounced off of the mountain peaks behind the gate. I saw a place to land and was going to figure out if Rynn can run further into areas where Arokh experiences boundary problems. She can. When I took off up at the peak, I noticed Arokh's wings flapping into the mountainside. I've glitched thru walls onto the outside of sets before with nothing but sky behind you and walls and such in front. I tried courting that phenomenon to see if I'd pop thru, and I kept bouncin' off, poppin' thru, bouncin out, and popping back in. One of the times I popped in... Arokh oriented to the sky and had 'full flap' capacity... so I flew and immediately a save screen appeared. I realized where I was when it happened and crossed my fingers that things didn't screw up. There's the cut-scene with Zola and Gothraul... I made it!! What a cool accident! I had just come back from the Andrellian Isles and opened the gate to Surdana (where I got and completed the Kragmor mission) when I was futzing about and got this. That means... before I ever undertook any quests for Zegorro's items, I had the Armor of the Order, all the Mythril weapons (and the points to use them, the Tempest, etc. The biggest suprise was the Dark dragon power that you get for killing Shaza and Tora. By the time you get it in the normal unfoldment of the game, you can't use it on anyone but a few Gryphons and some Dark Union dragons... but I'm amazed at the devastation wrought on the more common dragons. They immediately explode and form a tight little vortex of fading dragon parts when hit close-up with one of the large Dark bursts. The regular health delivering tracers did wonderfully in dogfights. I see why it's the last power available... it's way better than I thought. Lastly, do you suppose it's a purposeful pun that all the skeletons use 'Hollowman' axes?"

I hope that helps. I'll check back by and see if you have any questions or just things you wanna talk about.
Glad to meet you!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Also, maybe this quote will help. Sorry to just throw quotes at you, but I'm posting before work, and time is limited.

"I know that possible spoilers are more commonly the domain of the D:TAG Support forum, but this seemed more appropriate in the General.... so:
Possible spoiler...
A few months back I posted about the Valley Warp,a way to force the second to last level in D:TAG right after the first. I recently found the same methodology works for forcing the save to Shiverbane. So... theoretically... you could start the game... do Shadowmire and get Earth Blade and Arokh, warp to the Valley, open the Eye Gate there and get the Fire Blade... head back to Surdana and go to the Andrellians, finish off B-grinder and hit Ravenshold where you open the Eye Gate and go back to Surdana and get Kragmor and the Lightning Blade, go back to Ravenshold and go thru the tunnel to the Northern Tundra where you fly to the Barrier and warp to Shiverbane, beating Maulgak and scoring the Ice Blade and freeing up Mournbringer from Brekk in Surdana...
So... you could run around Ravenshold... before ever doing your first mission there... wielding Mournbringer.
The method for breaking thru is the same as the Valley... take Arokh halfway or two thirds up the mountain face behind and above the Barrier and face the wall. Hold strafe (L1) and turn side to side with the right joystick to try to find the jagged little space wherein Arokh's srafe function is reversed... that'll start pulling him thru the mountain face onto the outside of the map. It will almost certainly take many tries, but it's doable and repeatable. Keep strafe held when you find the right spot and when he pulls thru he'll probably keep trying to pop back out, but hang onto strafe and keep pushing him thru 'til his whole body is outside the map and his wings flap freely. Descend thru thr roof of the caves to land on the floor and you're home free. The Barrier shimmers intact behind you, and forward prompts the save to Shiverbane. You don't even need to score the items for Zeggoro if y'don't wanna. You can use the Eye Gates for all the travel. Hope this helps replay and adventuring. Cheers!
[added May 5 2005 9:01PM]
DRAKAN HAPPENINGS:

Tonite I took Arokh into Daemog's arena... and into the scavenger cave and out into Ravenshold.

The rub is that it's in a save where I've already done everything (including killing D.) before Stratos and I was just knockin' around and found that the Warp facilitates entry into Daemog's realm with a decent bit of forethought and tenacity. Go thru above and slightly right of the cave entrance, and once in, look down and find the line of stone that is the cave's ceiling and follow it out to the end. Besides getting him warped and in the proper position to land in the cave, you've gotta remember to land him on the left bank of the stream leading into the main area. He's still flying when you come thru the ceiling, so fly him as close to the end of the cave as you can while still allowing room for him to land on the left. Once landed, you have to use strafe to coax him past a couple of tricky turns and likewise juke him out thru the exit into the main area.
This is all new, so I haven't explored the options, y'know? For instance, I wanna make sure I can't just fly out past the cave's end and find myself in the area, or whether I can have greater ease of ingress from the exit, which is to say, I wonder if the scavenger cave you leave his area from is easier to warp into because Arokh can, with some coaxing fit all the way thru and out, although at first getting out seemed impossible, I did it, so... y'all can, too.

I'll get into another save and let you guys know what happens with Big D. and Co. still present and scrappy."

Shazas Friend
Hatchling

Post by Shazas Friend »

well its simple 4 me! I just used invisible 2 kill the half men!

Shazas Friend
Hatchling

Post by Shazas Friend »

AROCKH RULES!!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Excellent! You could do it easily, then?
How about trying Kragmor from Surdana. I've managed that a few times.
It's helpful if you hit the glitch where Dehrimon doesn't give you the Snotmaw mission. You can still get the Lightning Blade and all that loot and exp!

maddog
Hatchling

Post by maddog »

Greetings DRAKAN Freaks I'm new to this forum but having beat THE ANCIENT'S GATES 4 Zillion times I think I've Tried every GLITCH at least once.I don't know. There are so many. ***WHAT A GAME*** I don't think there is another game with so much to do besides regular game play. Anyway the other day I was trying for a glitch in the DESSERT OF TEARS. What I did was warp through the side of the mountain above the door of the TOMBS where AROKH did battle with the other two DRAGON'S OF THE ORDER. Having warped through the side of the mountain ( hold L-1 and strafe till it pulls the opposite direction through the side of the mountain ) while doing this I kept pulling AROKH down I pulled him through the roof of the lower tombs thus getting AROKH and RYNN both in the lower tombs togather It's not a big area but after killing the guards I managed to go back through the hall's up the elevator ( which by the way you can only get on by turning sideways and strafing) but I finlly could see the front entrance from the hallway on the left (when you enter through the front) the way was blocked by a fallen stone but I got AROKH and RYNN in the lower tombs and behind the lazer beams before they were disabled. GREAT GULGRENS SACK !Too Cool! Man I love this game and will probly play it 4 Zillion times more.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Thanks, maddog. I tried that and made it! It was cool and pretty easy to do. Thanks for letting me try something new.
I don't know if I posted about this here, but in the same area, I pushed the stone blocks out of the Sanguinade and pushed them down the dunes around the upper portion of the Desert of Tears, and eventually pushed them over the cliff edge into the Desert below, and jumped on and rode them all the way down! It remains one of the coolest things I remember doing in D:TAG, and I, like you... have done A LOT in Drakan.
It's my 'desert island' game. The ONE I'd choose if I could only have one.

forbidden outlaw
Hatchling

Post by forbidden outlaw »

outlaw wyvern?? can u give me ur email address?? i have found possibly the best glitch in the game =) hopefully u havent heard of it or figured it out yet.. i havent found any web page containning how to do it so im guessing that im the only 1 who knows it.. hopefully. but basically, u can pretty much go ANYWHERE you like.. back to shadowmire after its closed.. into the treasure chamber in the castle without opening it with the four switches.. ALOT of possiblities.. oh and i know how to skip the road bandits at the beginning of the game and come back to them to see them frozen like statues.. so if u can give me ur email address, i can give u about 2-5 glitches that u probably havent seen.. and i could use some help, getting the ice blade, and how to get up onto the upper balconies in jades tower.. ive read how to do it but im lost on were to jump.. i can get onto the invisible platform, but then im not sure were to jump. so just email me at bluskykrazy@yahoo.com.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Excellent! The game's programming just keeps on giving...
Have I said lately that <i>I love this game</i>?