This should be of interest for custom music

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

This should be of interest for custom music

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Andrey sent me this email, I just thought I'd post it here as it may be beneficial to people who put custom music in their levels:-

A few days ago i wrote a small tools pack for media archiving of RE's sound databases ... today i make first practical example :

ftp://drakan.adm.nw.ru/DrakanSP/Dragonmech_hq.zip

level's archive's size decreased down to ~200 kb comparely to original 'full' release (7055257 vs 7232887 bytes) in spite of including LAME 3.90 MPEG layer III procesing engine (lame.exe and lame_enc.dll) and REM_dec.exe files (363 kb, not really needed for each level's archive)
but sound tracks are in 22 kHz 16bit mono format (~13 Mb unpacked .wavs, it is up to 9..10 kHz audio frequency response now and much better Signal/Noise Ratio comparely to original 8 kHz 8 bit mono format soundtracks) ... it is based on .mp3 encoded soundtracks from Zeoc's site previously released 'for pleasure' :)

in addition - there is almost unlimited time for each soundtrack now - already known workaround against '> 2 Mb sound crash' ... compression ratio is freely customizable (from ~3:1 to 10:1 and better), variable bitrate encoding used...

-Andrey.

Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

unfortunately FTP server goes down after 1.5 years uptime :( - seems some hardware crash... hope to repair it asap...

today i can only offer REM_demo SP level

http://drakan.ru/levels/REM_demo.zip

and latest beta0.4 of REM_arc tools pack

http://drakan.ru/levels/REM_arc_b04src.zip

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

server has been repaired ... now you can get these tools from

ftp://drakan.adm.nw.ru/pub/dev_tools/REM_arc/