Need help with combos

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Abaddon
Hatchling

Need help with combos

Postby Abaddon » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Hey there, I've had this game since release quite some years ago. I recently came back to it but there's something I've never been able to do.

There are certain combos, like Sargon's right dodge attack, that have a dashing upwards arrow. I've never been able to do those combos, I don't know how to pull them off. Can someone help me out?
For example, this combo is impossible for me.

Blackbeard
Dragon

Re: Need help with combos

Postby Blackbeard » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Havent played in a long time, but if i recall correctly that attack is:

1. Running forward
and then
2. Left + attack (at the same time)

Abaddon
Hatchling

Postby Abaddon » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:29 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm trying that but I can't get the combo working. I tried both locked on and off, and weapon drawn/sheathed. No luck.

It sounds to me like I'd have to jump or something, but I still can't get it to work.

Any more ideas?

Blackbeard
Dragon

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Got nothing, been too long since i played it now, i think.

livid
Whelp

Postby livid » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Hey guys.

It's actually very simple although I can understand why you're confused. The first arrow means "jump key" just like the two swords mean "attack key". So simply jump to the right to make the character dodge with a sidestep. Then you can press the attack key while dodging to swing your weapon.
Maybe you've done that attack before but there's no clear indication of what the jump arrow means, so lots of questions can pop up if you don't get it the first time you see it. Is it "run"? Is it "jump"? If it means "jump", then how exactly does the game want me to jump and attack?

Hope it helps!

Abaddon
Hatchling

Postby Abaddon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:24 pm

I tested it on a new game, and it turns out the dodge attacks are actually unlocked at level 2. I thought I wasn't doing it properly because unlike ANY other move in the game, you don't get a cue message the first time you perform them.

E.g. when you do the North cross combo the first time you get "New attack: North Cross". Likewise for stuff like the standard attack where you can get "New attack: Light Punch" for example.

Dodge attacks don't have any cues, but they work indeed.

Thanks guys!

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”