please help

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Eris
Dragon

please help

Post by Eris »

when i try to join the spb2 server the game gives an error message which says that the level files don't much the server's files but when i try the same level on another server nothing wrong happens. i have a good ping from that server and it's name is yellow not red and everything seems to be ok. when i try to connect the server from gamespy the game crashes after game starts to load.
help me please with this

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It's because it's running a custom version of the game; an unofficial patch (445SP1) was released but the downside to this is you can't play on that server unless you have the same patched version of the game. If you do patch your game to 445SP1, you can't play on the normal servers and your single player save games won't work.

My server runs the 445 version which is what the majority use.

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Nope, doesn't work. i've cracked the Dragon.rfl file but i still get this error message about level being corrupt. i've downloaded my levels from ftp://au:au@files.drakan.ru...

there's no open server but spb2 on monday, tuesday, wednesday so it would be good to be able to connect to spb2, and besides you can always restore the file easily and it doesn't take much time

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Some of the levels that DrakonRider is running are new mods that he has made. They are available at his site, as you have visited. All I can suggest is to make sure the version for the levels match as well. You may need do a fresh install of Drakan, you get used to that!

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

heh, a good advice this last one... but i solved the problem, the thing is that the crack doesn't work if you run the game as admin like i always do so i'll just run it in user mode (all that damn vista with it's 'run as' things)