Help XP - Almost working!?!

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
necrost13
Hatchling

Help XP - Almost working!?!

Post by necrost13 »

Hey guys!
I've been on several forums and tried different things but nothing seems to be working. I installed the game on my PC, working under XP SP2, and the game runs well except for one thing : the graphics are seriously messed up. I installed patch 442, 444 and 445 but it seems like the background and first plan of the graphics are inverted, so I can see the moon, the mountains and all, but Rynn and the bad guys are all 'behind', like under this first graphic plan. Even the animations (menu + intro) are like that. What's the problem???

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

You need a Video Card, not just a onboard video. ATI cards work best for this game!

necrost13
Hatchling

Post by necrost13 »

Damn it... That's all?!? Lol... Thank you very much, now I have to find one on eBay hihi[^]

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Make sure you buy the correct card for your computer e.g AGP or PCI Express as there are two types. Also some computers do not have a graphics card slot and have onboard video only.

It may just be that your video drivers need updating.

necrost13
Hatchling

Post by necrost13 »

hum... Pathetic question I know but how can I verify what my computer is up for? Through 'dxdiag' or the User's Guide or System thingy in the Conf Pannel or what? Argh, it was so much simpler 10 years ago with Win 95!!! But thks anyway [:)]

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It would mean opening your PC case and looking at the motherboard to find what expansion slots it has. As for getting your system information, you can go to my computer and right click it and select properties. From there you can see what hardware is installed; most important are CPU type & speed, amount of memory and video card type although anything made in the last 5 years should work OK.

Integrated video do have problems though but that is with all games, not just Drakan.